By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogamer: Reasons Why you might not want to pre-order The Order 1886

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:
But it haz teh pwetty grafix

It sure have, but I tough you gave no importance for those.

Importance is relative; they're not entirely insignificant, I just don't think they're anywhere near as important as gameplay.

A game that plays great but has bad graphics is still great, while a game that plays bad but has great graphics is still bad.

In my humble opinion, anyway.

I agree with you, even if our weights on importance vary certainly gameplay is most important than just graphics... I would say our main difference is that I would say a good/great gameplay is completely enhanced by beatifull graphics while you are more like if the graphics are satisfactory then gameplay is all you care... so both of us like mario and uncharted (or some other sony ip) but for you mario>sony 1st and for me the opposite =]

Anyway I don´t spect this game to be bad, but your 1st comment sounded bashfull.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:
DonFerrari said:
Justagamer said:

I think it's good to call out a crappy game, even if it is a preview.. this game is coming very soon. I don't care who's game they say sucks... just because it's a Sony game, or nintendo, or ms game, dont we all want the truth? Get over it, just because this happens to be the next big ps4 release, doesn't mean they should blow smoke up our asses about it.. if it sucks now, say so, and they have. If you want to preorder a crappy game because of who published it, more power to you.

The discussion isn't even about a bad preview... is the negative propaganda over a game while other with similar or worse issues got a free pass.

What propaganda? What sort of agenda are the press pushing?

To single out a game on the bug ridden or design choices while other similar games got free pass. didn´t said media but this preview from EG that didn´t bother with other games a lot more broken.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Importance is relative; they're not entirely insignificant, I just don't think they're anywhere near as important as gameplay.

A game that plays great but has bad graphics is still great, while a game that plays bad but has great graphics is still bad.

I agree with you, even if our weights on importance vary certainly gameplay is most important than just graphics... I would say our main difference is that I would say a good/great gameplay is completely enhanced by beatifull graphics while you are more like if the graphics are satisfactory then gameplay is all you care... so both of us like mario and uncharted (or some other sony ip) but for you mario>sony 1st and for me the opposite =]

Anyway I don´t spect this game to be bad, but your 1st comment sounded bashfull.

Oh I agree that beautiful graphics can enhance an already good game.

In retrospect, my first comment was a bit harsh, it's just that all these "graphics first, gameplay second" type games are starting to grind on me. Games like Ryse, Shadowfall, Destiny and Driveclub felt like they were sucking away pieces of my soul with their skin-deep beauty and cold, empty hearts.

More devs need to follow in the footsteps of Nintendo and Naughty Dog.

I still don't get the media's hate toward this game. Sure, the game isn't the most original game, but it doesn't mean is a bad thing.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Richard Leadbetter is one of the most pró-MS and anti-SONY guys in the media since ps3 at least. Never lost a opportunity to bash Sony on mistakes and downplay on succes while doing the opposite for MS.
The only sites I can think are more like this would be Polygon and then a little less Kotaku and IGN.

Quite funny that everyone agreeing with the type of review they have been doing against sony and in favour of other platforms are the anti-sony crowd.

I would never review a game on a genre or direction I don't appreciate because my opinion wouldn't be an indicative of the true value of a game. If I had to review Halo objectively I would give 8-9, if based on how much I liked it then just 3-4, and I'm certain the first one is a lot closer to what the game deserves. Although I could defend I have my right to opinion and to bash it I wouldn't. So why would a professional be allowed this kind of BS?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Oh I agree that beautiful graphics can enhance an already good game.

In retrospect, my first comment was a bit harsh, it's just that all these "graphics first, gameplay second" type games are starting to grind on me. Games like Ryse, Shadowfall, Destiny and Driveclub felt like they were sucking away pieces of my soul with their skin-deep beauty and cold, empty hearts.

More devs need to follow in the footsteps of Nintendo and Naughty Dog.

well I liked shadow fall for a 7/10 personall score (some areas a 5 and others maybe 8) and driveclub is really good game can't say about the others because I didn't played but destiny weren't Hyped for graphics.

But all games would surely benefit from ninty mostly bug free and focus gameplay and uncharted mechanics and graphics. To bad most people are less capable than other and same happens with dev companies (although fast profit mentality could and should be fought against). DC at least got delayed 1y so they done something to try and improve. Hope they do an open beta next time to prevent reocurrence.

DonFerrari said:

To single out a game on the bug ridden or design choices while other similar games got free pass. didn´t said media but this preview from EG that didn´t bother with other games a lot more broken.

I don't think other games are getting a free pass. Rather RAD has done a poor job in showing the Order 1886. The first demo was far from impressive and was met with a luke warm reception coupled with valid criticism, and the latest build is riddled with bugs. It's not exactly the right way to handle pre-launch coverage for a game. Don't you agree?

Okay....

Preordered today Limited Edition.

ICStats said:

This game looks seriously underwhelming. A beautiful shell .

The inaccurate looking splattering weapons put me off the most.  Sad to see such poor quality out of WWS.  Everyone should Tweet Shu and have him put someone with a critical eye to fix this.

LOL

They should have told us not to preorder HaloMCC because the bugs, this just silly. A dev is trying to create an original new IP and certain people want to kill it in the womb because the would rather see the 5th, 6th, or 7th iteration of some worn out ld franchise.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut