By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogamer: Reasons Why you might not want to pre-order The Order 1886

dane007 said:
Nate4Drake said:
Madword said:
I really liked what I saw of that demo...

Sorry to EG, but I don't think my feelings on games meet their feelings on what is good these days. Ever since the Mafia 3 review, and other pretty poor reviews, I just don't care... getting it day 1, will probably really enjoy it.

I do find it surprising that no sites seem to be criticising Until Dawn for QTE's.... sounds like selective stuff.

EG have a very well known tradition, pro MS and anti Sony, everybody knows this. They get incentives from MS, and this is really sad.  We have dirty stuff even in this beautiful world of videogames :(

Wait they are anti sony because they don't share the same opinion with you or any other gamers on sony platform? What logic is that. The person who did that video, wasn't impressed with the game. It happen. you cant get everyone to love the game.

while I agree that it's up to individual taste, this has been going on since the ps3 released. They always slam ps games, aside from last of us if I recall.
They gave skyward sword a 10/10 as well.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
dane007 said:
Nate4Drake said:
Madword said:

Sorry to EG, but I don't think my feelings on games meet their feelings on what is good these days. Ever since the Mafia 3 review, and other pretty poor reviews, I just don't care... getting it day 1, will probably really enjoy it.

I do find it surprising that no sites seem to be criticising Until Dawn for QTE's.... sounds like selective stuff.

EG have a very well known tradition, pro MS and anti Sony, everybody knows this. They get incentives from MS, and this is really sad.  We have dirty stuff even in this beautiful world of videogames :(

Wait they are anti sony because they don't share the same opinion with you or any other gamers on sony platform? What logic is that. The person who did that video, wasn't impressed with the game. It happen. you cant get everyone to love the game.

while I agree that it's up to individual taste, this has been going on since the ps3 released. They always slam ps games, aside from last of us if I recall.

It seems Some people here were hidden in a cave for years...Eurogamer seems pro-MS and anti-Sony from their history/track record so far. In PS3/360 gen graphics mattered, when PS3 was at the bottom of the totem pole. In PS4/XBO gen the graphics does not matter as XBO is at the bottom of the totem pole. 

For all the crappy issues and nonsense that AC:Unity and MCC had, did eurogamer say do not buy or pre-order? Why are they so salty and sour like a jilted lover? Did Sony rightly ignore them?  

Come on guys, this is getting ridiculous.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

theprof00 said:
dane007 said:
Nate4Drake said:
Madword said:

then it just shows the person who reviewed zela skyward sword, is a big zelda fan.  i have played msot of the ps game that they have slammed and i do agrew with most of their score.  Not everyone should have the same taste . It will always differnt and sometimes you will  get places where one paltform games, won't bode well with people in that place. They shouldn't have to liek somethign they don't liek just to maek you guys happy.  So you are sying as long as they don't give sony game a 9 like LAST of US then they are anti Sony? They gave ucharted series good marks and killzone 2 and 3. Theere were alot fo games onm ps3 that got good marks , that were exclusive to sony platform.  Even with the lates game such as mlb got good reviews. Also how is 7  a bad score for LBP3 and Killzone Sf . Thats still a good score.  Don't forget most of ps3 multiplats were terrible, hence why the scores were lower then MS xbox 360 version. 

Nate4Drake said:
dane007 said:
Nate4Drake said:
Madword said:

Logic ? What logic, I'm talking about their tradition, history. They are pro MS.

That if they don't give the score you agree with , then they are anti sony? You cannot expect all reviewers to share teh same tase as you ro other gamers on  sony platform, MS platform and even nintendon platform.  There will always be people who prefer xbox games more, nintendo games more or even sony games more. Also every game is reviewed by someone else, therefore the scores will be  different and the way they reviewe will also be differerent. They have given lots of good scores for sony games as welll. Just taht this generation the games to them is not that great . nothing wrong with that . 

GTAexpert said:
dane007 said:
GTAexpert said:

Really, I as an uninformed person would have agreed with you if I hadn't PLAYED the games.

EG gave DC a 6, and The Crew an 8. Both were broken at launch, but difference was that DC has a way better handling model, way better graphics, doesn't have extensive microtransactions, and a fantastic track design in contrast to The Crew's bland world. DC is easily one of my favourite games of the year now.

The review for drive club wre done by the same guy. He just happen to love the crew more. Nothing wrong with that. YOu may like driveclub more , that doesn't mean he should like it to an dgive a high score to driveclub just to please you .

EG gave AC: Unity and Halo: MCC a 7 and 10 without mentioning in the review the extent to which they were broken, while they gave LBP 3 a 7 despite calling it themselves as the best game in the series, just due to bugs, whereas AC: Unity and Halo: MCC aren't exactly free of problems.

But halo has 4 full  single player game which can hold on its own  even if the multiplayer was broken. Thers alot of content to go through while multiplayer get fixed. Secondly thats why it got 7 socre not a  higher score. Same with Unity . Also theres a chance the reviewer who reviewed thos games, didn't expereince as many bugs or technical problems as the other reviewers from other sites when playing halo or Unity . However it seems as though he exprienced alot with LBP3. Also to add, all those three gamers were reviewed by three different people. Each individual would have their own style of reviewing.

EG has recently given a preview on The Order: 1886 as to why you shouldn't preorder it, which is pure flaimbait beacuse they never once had a video on why not to preorder a game before, even though in the past their were a number of games with bad previews. Interestingly, other sites are liking the new playable demo of the game, EG is one of the few/only site giving it  abad impression.

Its an opinion which hes entited to that. if you liek the game buy it. hes words whouldn't maek you not buy the game. if it does, then you weren't reallygoing to buy the game anyways.

EG gave Infamous: SS a 7, equal to AC: Unity, and worse than The Crew. That's a shameful and awful review.

Again different reviewers with very different taste. They don't have to match with your taste and give a score that makes you happy. ALL game reviewers are subjective to the reviewers taste and not objective. big difference

Also, in general EG review scores for Sony games are much lower than their metacritic/average scores, for MS its about spot on and for Ubisoft and Nintendo its a lot higher. All these are just a part of what clearly says biased and terrible site.

I'm not gonna fall for this opinion crap all the time. It is an opinion if it happens once, twice, thrice, but if it happens all the time and only with Sony games it IS bias against Sony and their games. They aren't a worthy site atleast when it comes to their "opinions" on Sony games.

Do you even understand what game reviewes are? They are subjective not objective. Big difference . its based on that person experience with that game which will be different to your difference with the game.  Just because you love it, doesn't mean they should and give a score , entirely based on that . Did you ever think , that the games this generation for them , is not up to their taste? Thats nothing wrong with that as well. I really don't udnerstand how gamers on any platform don't understnd this very concept. Its really mind blasting!,  Also noticed it happens more with gamers on sony platform.  I for on e never trust teh reviews because i have played games which i liek , that  was considered to be horrible with teh reviewers. 

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjalebKd4wE

-QTE's 

-Insta fail Stealth Sections

- Hand Holding Gameplay

-Bugs

-Mediocre Combat 

Ok so? ure an xbox fan and ure not helping urself and im willing to bet u are one those guys who aint gonna get this game anyways, even if it become a very good game.

Add me if u want :)

Madword said:

The content was appealing.

mii-gamer said:

Lol this thread is gold

LOL for a Nintendo fan it is surely a gold one, enjoy while u can, soon someone gonna say sth stupid about ur Nintendo and im gonna go there and write: ''Lol this thread is gold''

Add me if u want :)

Sony-For-Life said:
mii-gamer said:

Lol this thread is gold

LOL for a Nintendo fan it is surely a gold one, enjoy while u can, soon someone gonna say sth stupid about ur Nintendo and im gonna go there and write: ''Lol this thread is gold''

Go ahead. It's not going to affect me. I'll still be eating my popcorn.

people should wait and not buy into the hype like they did with other games this year. I mean how many times should people fall in the same hole before learning not to take the same road again?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(