By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogamer: Reasons Why you might not want to pre-order The Order 1886

Aj_habfan said:

Gaming sites always love to find a hyped game they can beat down for (s)hits and giggles. This game certainly seems to be the latest.

It's not a conspiracy against Sony, PS4 or anything, it's just a fact - most hyped games will be given the benefit of the doubt in their previews, while others are just a bit too easy of a target to pass up.

I agree, this happened to Destiny. If you go back and read the reviews now it was like they were looking for reasons to can it. 

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Guys..... are you serious?
The game is getting hit because of its flaws and they are bringing it to the public, or would you rather wait for same day reviews (destiny) and others? This was needed and is to warn you the gamers but since you're all defending sony for no good reason have fun with -bland- game.
Guys relax its a warning if what they said is your cup of tea do it but if its not then you know better than to get it. jesus... gamers are the worst people to please in this world...

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

I find it pretty amusing how many people are acting like the media is just trying to unfairly butcher this game before release lol

It's absolutely excruciating watching "gameplay" of this title. I mean there's a fucking QTE/button prompts for something like a character doing a 3.2.1 countdown. Like seriously? You know it's bad when you gotta push triangle for a character to say 3....triangle, 2....etc.

Honestly. I get the impression that the guys who made this realized at some point that there's way too much cutscene compared to gameplay so they just threw in button prompts everywhere to make the player feel like they're actually contributing to the experience.

Mindboggling

method114 said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
celador said:
Was expecting this to be posted.

Mentioning bugs in a game that is months from completion is ridiculous.

The Order is an easy target it appears. I have never seen Eurogamer tell people not to preorder other games. If the article simply stuck to what they actually played and didn't mention not preordering, it would have been fine, but clearly they are looking for clicks.

Pathetic

Its only 2 months away, that should be fixed by now.

Yea and how many games have bene released with bugs this gen? Halo had bugs, drive club, dragon age, BF4, etc. Every game has bugs and a lot of them are fixed in a day one patch that has become very popular this generation.

This mentality is why we keep get bug riddled games. If a game needs a day one patch to run properly, then it needs to be delayed. Most of these day one patches don't fix the issues they are supposed to and introduce new ones. This generation of gamer is far to willing to put up with this nonsense. If publishers were so busy trying to cram all there major releases into the fourth quarter of the year, we wouldn't be seeing all these bugs.

bigjon said:
Aj_habfan said:

Gaming sites always love to find a hyped game they can beat down for (s)hits and giggles. This game certainly seems to be the latest.

It's not a conspiracy against Sony, PS4 or anything, it's just a fact - most hyped games will be given the benefit of the doubt in their previews, while others are just a bit too easy of a target to pass up.

I agree, this happened to Destiny. If you go back and read the reviews now it was like they were looking for reasons to can it.

Destiny was overhyped and 'okay' at best. Poor story and very repetitive. So maybe there not easy targets but really not such good games?

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
bigjon said:
Aj_habfan said:

Destiny was overhyped and 'okay' at best. Poor story and very repetitive. So maybe there not easy targets but really not such good games?

Destiny was different IMO. The game had open and closed betas. It was kind of hard not to know what the game was about before it launched.

dane007 said:
GTAexpert said:

I'm not gonna fall for this opinion crap all the time. It is an opinion if it happens once, twice, thrice, but if it happens all the time and only with Sony games it IS bias against Sony and their games. They aren't a worthy site atleast when it comes to their "opinions" on Sony games.

Do you even understand what game reviewes are? They are subjective not objective. Big difference . its based on that person experience with that game which will be different to your difference with the game.  Just because you love it, doesn't mean they should and give a score , entirely based on that . Did you ever think , that the games this generation for them , is not up to their taste? Thats nothing wrong with that as well. I really don't udnerstand how gamers on any platform don't understnd this very concept. Its really mind blasting!,  Also noticed it happens more with gamers on sony platform.  I for on e never trust teh reviews because i have played games which i liek , that  was considered to be horrible with teh reviewers. 

You know a good review is one where the reviewer is objective and not subjective to their own interest? Also if the reviewers of Sony games in particular don't like the genre or type of game maybe they should stay away from reviewing the games. The EG Driveclub reviewer apparently wanted an open-world game rather than a track-based racer, so he criticised Driveclub for what it isn't rather than what it is. This doesn't happen with non-Sony games though, so its very much an agenda.

Also you apparently don't know about EG's "opinions" of PS4's first year. Check it out and tell me how its writing style doesn't indicate hatred towards PS4.

It's hilarious to read sony fans' comments in this thread. Gotta restock popcorn today.

User has been moderated for this post and others.

- Shinobi-san

mymuro said:
It's hilarious to read sony fans' comments in this thread. Gotta restock popcorn today.

Coming from EG its hard to believe the authenticity of this article and the views of the writer.

Quite funny the number of non Sony players worried about the state of it's game and how worried they are about our well being and want us to be informed and that better games were released.

I should be thankfull, but I'm suspicious of their intentions.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."