By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogamer: Reasons Why you might not want to pre-order The Order 1886

GTAexpert said:
dane007 said:
GTAexpert said:
theprof00 said:
Ah good old eurogamer. Well, the game might actually suck, but, eurogamer

Yeah EG has been giving Sony pretty tough time throughout the year with their biased and terribly inaccurate reviews of Sony games.

you do know that game reviews will always be biased based on upon th ereviewers taste. If the reviewer like the game, then he may give a good score and vice versa. just because a reviewer gives a score that doesn't sit well with you or other fans of that game, doesn't make the reviewer review  terrible  inaccurate.  At the end of day , you should be able to judge the game for yourself and if you liek the game which is totally different to the reviewers taste, then good for you . 

If it was a single reviewer I would agree with you, but the entire community of editors of Eurogamer scream of bias and hate towards Sony game, and it has never been such a glaring problem with any other review site.

lol are you referring ot the driveclub vs crew score on eurogamer? You know it was done by the same guy who just happen to prefer crew over Driveclub.   It just shows that the games released so far for ps4, is not  what  prefer. Thats completely. Jut because other sites gave it good score, doesn't mean eurogamer should , just to make you and other games on sony platform happy.  To think that reviews from all sites will be the same and hav ematching opnjion is ridiculous . That will never happen.  Just to mention the games i played , i agree with knack review on eurogamer. Its kk but nothing special . Doesn't make me any less accurate then other sites who praised knack .  

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:
dane007 said:
GTAexpert said:

Yeah EG has been giving Sony pretty tough time throughout the year with their biased and terribly inaccurate reviews of Sony games.

you do know that game reviews will always be biased based on upon th ereviewers taste. If the reviewer like the game, then he may give a good score and vice versa. just because a reviewer gives a score that doesn't sit well with you or other fans of that game, doesn't make the reviewer review  terrible  inaccurate.  At the end of day , you should be able to judge the game for yourself and if you liek the game which is totally different to the reviewers taste, then good for you . 

If it was a single reviewer I would agree with you, but the entire community of editors of Eurogamer scream of bias and hate towards Sony game, and it has never been such a glaring problem with any other review site.

Could it be that they are not anti-Sony, but that games that Sony has released have just been mediocre at best?

Aerys said:

There is an other thread with all the previews from the last build, and the majority are positive, but this thread flopped, now, eurogamer gives a negative preview and the thread about this preview is a success...

I guess eurogamer are not the only one who want to see the game fail, some people here too

We've been having exactly the same conversation over at Gaf. I even posted the IGN preview in which they said they were impressed but that was just brushed over and the negativity based on one man's subjective opinion carries on.

The PS5 Exists. 

Burek said:
GTAexpert said:
dane007 said:
GTAexpert said:

Could it be that they are not anti-Sony, but that games that Sony has released have just been mediocre at best?

Really, I as an uninformed person would have agreed with you if I hadn't PLAYED the games.

EG gave DC a 6, and The Crew an 8. Both were broken at launch, but difference was that DC has a way better handling model, way better graphics, doesn't have extensive microtransactions, and a fantastic track design in contrast to The Crew's bland world. DC is easily one of my favourite games of the year now.

EG gave AC: Unity and Halo: MCC a 7 and 10 without mentioning in the review the extent to which they were broken, while they gave LBP 3 a 7 despite calling it themselves as the best game in the series, just due to bugs, whereas AC: Unity and Halo: MCC aren't exactly free of problems.

EG has recently given a preview on The Order: 1886 as to why you shouldn't preorder it, which is pure flaimbait beacuse they never once had a video on why not to preorder a game before, even though in the past their were a number of games with bad previews. Interestingly, other sites are liking the new playable demo of the game, EG is one of the few/only site giving it  abad impression.

EG gave Infamous: SS a 7, equal to AC: Unity, and worse than The Crew. That's a shameful and awful review.

Also, in general EG review scores for Sony games are much lower than their metacritic/average scores, for MS its about spot on and for Ubisoft and Nintendo its a lot higher. All these are just a part of what clearly says biased and terrible site.

Madword said:
I really liked what I saw of that demo...

Sorry to EG, but I don't think my feelings on games meet their feelings on what is good these days. Ever since the Mafia 3 review, and other pretty poor reviews, I just don't care... getting it day 1, will probably really enjoy it.

I do find it surprising that no sites seem to be criticising Until Dawn for QTE's.... sounds like selective stuff.

EG have a very well known tradition, pro MS and anti Sony, everybody knows this. They get incentives from MS, and this is really sad.  We have dirty stuff even in this beautiful world of videogames :(

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:
Burek said:
GTAexpert said:
dane007 said:
GTAexpert said:

Really, I as an uninformed person would have agreed with you if I hadn't PLAYED the games.

EG gave DC a 6, and The Crew an 8. Both were broken at launch, but difference was that DC has a way better handling model, way better graphics, doesn't have extensive microtransactions, and a fantastic track design in contrast to The Crew's bland world. DC is easily one of my favourite games of the year now.

The review for drive club wre done by the same guy. He just happen to love the crew more. Nothing wrong with that. YOu may like driveclub more , that doesn't mean he should like it to an dgive a high score to driveclub just to please you .

EG gave AC: Unity and Halo: MCC a 7 and 10 without mentioning in the review the extent to which they were broken, while they gave LBP 3 a 7 despite calling it themselves as the best game in the series, just due to bugs, whereas AC: Unity and Halo: MCC aren't exactly free of problems.

But halo has 4 full  single player game which can hold on its own  even if the multiplayer was broken. Thers alot of content to go through while multiplayer get fixed. Secondly thats why it got 7 socre not a  higher score. Same with Unity . Also theres a chance the reviewer who reviewed thos games, didn't expereince as many bugs or technical problems as the other reviewers from other sites when playing halo or Unity . However it seems as though he exprienced alot with LBP3. Also to add, all those three gamers were reviewed by three different people. Each individual would have their own style of reviewing.

EG has recently given a preview on The Order: 1886 as to why you shouldn't preorder it, which is pure flaimbait beacuse they never once had a video on why not to preorder a game before, even though in the past their were a number of games with bad previews. Interestingly, other sites are liking the new playable demo of the game, EG is one of the few/only site giving it  abad impression.

Its an opinion which hes entited to that. if you liek the game buy it. hes words whouldn't maek you not buy the game. if it does, then you weren't reallygoing to buy the game anyways.

EG gave Infamous: SS a 7, equal to AC: Unity, and worse than The Crew. That's a shameful and awful review.

Again different reviewers with very different taste. They don't have to match with your taste and give a score that makes you happy. ALL game reviewers are subjective to the reviewers taste and not objective. big difference

Also, in general EG review scores for Sony games are much lower than their metacritic/average scores, for MS its about spot on and for Ubisoft and Nintendo its a lot higher. All these are just a part of what clearly says biased and terrible site.

Nate4Drake said:
Madword said:

Sorry to EG, but I don't think my feelings on games meet their feelings on what is good these days. Ever since the Mafia 3 review, and other pretty poor reviews, I just don't care... getting it day 1, will probably really enjoy it.

I do find it surprising that no sites seem to be criticising Until Dawn for QTE's.... sounds like selective stuff.

EG have a very well known tradition, pro MS and anti Sony, everybody knows this. They get incentives from MS, and this is really sad.  We have dirty stuff even in this beautiful world of videogames :(

Wait they are anti sony because they don't share the same opinion with you or any other gamers on sony platform? What logic is that. The person who did that video, wasn't impressed with the game. It happen. you cant get everyone to love the game.

dane007 said:
Nate4Drake said:
Madword said:

Wait they are anti sony because they don't share the same opinion with you or any other gamers on sony platform? What logic is that. The person who did that video, wasn't impressed with the game. It happen. you cant get everyone to love the game.

Logic ? What logic, I'm talking about their tradition, history. They are pro MS.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Lol this thread is gold

dane007 said:
GTAexpert said:

The review for drive club wre done by the same guy. He just happen to love the crew more. Nothing wrong with that. YOu may like driveclub more , that doesn't mean he should like it to an dgive a high score to driveclub just to please you .

But halo has 4 full  single player game which can hold on its own  even if the multiplayer was broken. Thers alot of content to go through while multiplayer get fixed. Secondly thats why it got 7 socre not a  higher score. Same with Unity . Also theres a chance the reviewer who reviewed thos games, didn't expereince as many bugs or technical problems as the other reviewers from other sites when playing halo or Unity . However it seems as though he exprienced alot with LBP3. Also to add, all those three gamers were reviewed by three different people. Each individual would have their own style of reviewing.

Its an opinion which hes entited to that. if you liek the game buy it. hes words whouldn't maek you not buy the game. if it does, then you weren't reallygoing to buy the game anyways.

Again different reviewers with very different taste. They don't have to match with your taste and give a score that makes you happy. ALL game reviewers are subjective to the reviewers taste and not objective. big difference

I'm not gonna fall for this opinion crap all the time. It is an opinion if it happens once, twice, thrice, but if it happens all the time and only with Sony games it IS bias against Sony and their games. They aren't a worthy site atleast when it comes to their "opinions" on Sony games.