By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People need to STOP asking for a Wii U with no Gamepad

ExplodingBlock said:

Alright, so I am making this thread to address a problem I have been seeing all over the internet

So many people keep asking for a 200$ Wii U that does not include a gamepad, THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN. EVER

If you are one of these people, just stop, you can't even access the system settings without a gamepad, most of the games are not even Pro Controller compatible or require the gamepad to play

I know people say the gamepad is under used, but removing the it would not help this problem at all

Best games on Wii U?  Smash and Mario Kart.  They also play best on a controller.  Believe me it would move a lot of units.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
vivster said:
Can I ask for a Wii U with 2 gamepads?

HAHAHAHAHAHA No.

Seriously though WTF happened to this, wtf happened to everything the WiiU was supposed to be??

I remember when everybody cheered when Reggie had announced the Wii U would support 2 gamepads at once. 

I wish it had sold a lot more, I would have liked to see some games with 2 gamepad functionality.

1doesnotsimply

ExplodingBlock said:

Alright, so I am making this thread to address a problem I have been seeing all over the internet

So many people keep asking for a 200$ Wii U that does not include a gamepad, THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN. EVER

If you are one of these people, just stop, you can't even access the system settings without a gamepad, most of the games are not even Pro Controller compatible or require the gamepad to play

I know people say the gamepad is under used, but removing the it would not help this problem at all

So many things wrong here. First, the system settings issue can be fixed with a small patch. They've been making patches like this that phase out the gamepad's usefulness since last year. Second, most games absolutely are playable without the gamepad, and anyone who wants a Wii U without a gamepad doesn't want to play games that require the gamepad anyway. That's not an issue.

The gamepad being underused just adds to the problem. People don't want a giant brick that's useless for 90% of Nintendo's games adding $100 to a console they'd otherwise want. I still say get rid of it. I like it, but those who don't shouldn't need to pay extra for it. It's nothing but an extra periferal. It should not be mandatory, and the sales prove that.

ktay95 said:
Yeah they really do need to stop. A WiiU without the Gamepad now would be stupid, it should have been removed well before launch.

No, a Wii U without a gamepad now would be at least $80 less with an almost as useful, yet superior in literally every other way pro controller.

spemanig said:
ktay95 said:
Yeah they really do need to stop. A WiiU without the Gamepad now would be stupid, it should have been removed well before launch.

No, a Wii U without a gamepad now would be at least $80 less with an almost as useful, yet superior in literally every other way pro controller.

Instead of forcing the Upad on people, they should try and make people want it.

Around the Network

People will never stop asking for a Wii U less gamepad. Just pay them no mind

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

With Mario Maker coming, I have to agree.

I used to be against it, but since nintendo expend most of the year making games that didn't made the gamepad wortwhile beyond off play TV, can't really blame people that do not one anymore.

If nintendo themselves can't think on worth uses for it, why push it?

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Fifaguy360 said:
If Wii U tossed the gamepad, then Nintendo would have no selling point except their own exclusives.

Wii U is underpowered compared to X1 and PS4 and lacks the third party support. Its only differentiator is this gamepad.

It's only differentiator is a controller people are constantly telling them to get rid of? Not only is that not true, but that's not a selling point.

The Wii U's selling points, if it dropped the gamepad, would still be that it has free online, has all the exclusive games people buy Nintendo consoles for anyway, has access to Nintendo's virtual console, and comes with a controller that has 80 hours of battery. Oh right, and it could cost a wallet breaking $230 to buy. As in almost $200 less than any other console.

The gamepad isn't a selling point, it's a crutch.

One of my biggest complaints about the wiiu as a wiiu fan is that you need the gamepad for some stuff.  If i choose i feel like i should be able to just use the pro controller for everything.