By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People need to STOP asking for a Wii U with no Gamepad

KLXVER said:
bowserthedog said:
KLXVER said:
bowserthedog said:

One of my biggest complaints about the wiiu as a wiiu fan is that you need the gamepad for some stuff.  If i choose i feel like i should be able to just use the pro controller for everything.

Would be difficult to draw in Miiverse though

True.. There can be additional benefits of the gamepad but allow me to do the basics like browse netflix and the web and post text messages on miiverse with the pro controller.  Nah mean?

Yep. I think they should atleast try it for a few months. See what happens...

They may not be ready to have such a low priced console but perhaps come out with a core gamer sku with a gamepad pro and 256 gb of storage or something like dat.

Around the Network
bowserthedog said:

They may not be ready to have such a low priced console but perhaps come out with a core gamer sku with a gamepad pro and 256 gb of storage or something like dat.

Im not sure they need to expand the internal memory much. No games require installs and it supports external hard drives. It would also cost more.

I agree, and I'm not even much of a fan of the GamePad.

bowserthedog said:

Why wouldn't they be ready? They wouldn't be taking a loss. They'd be offsetting the lower cost by not having the gamepad. It's cheaper to produce. They might even make more money without the gamepad if they price it right.

It should happen or Nintendo should drop the price significantly. Its too expensive when you compare it to the X1.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
I don't understand the point in asking for a Wii U without the gamepad. It's literally just a controller with a screen in the middle. It's comfortable for most games, except for stuff like Bayo 2 and Hyrule Warriors where I prefer to use the pro controller because of the demanding gameplay.

The gamepad is costly add-on .... The only reason I bought a Wiiu is because I love nintendo games ... The Wiiu is an over priced Obsolete hardware that can barely handle HD graphic. 

The gamepad does not add anything to gameplay, last E3 nintendo still trying to found a way to prove value in the gamepad. Guess what people the gamepad is not innovative and failed badly and bogging down the Wiiu. Just like kinect 2.0 on Xbox one except Microsoft was smart enough to drop it or at least over dual skews. The Wiiu need to be at least a $100 cheaper then competition, we all know it cost at least half the cost to make a WiiU.

Mario Kart 8 showed the limitation since the system could not handle second screen play on the gamepad. 

Ask youself what the best thing about the WiiU??? Answer pretty easy it's the game.

Pretty much every game can be played with orher controller then the gamepad. The only reason some game require gamepad to start the game is a system flaw that can be updated. 

Guys at this rate the WiiU will simply be discontinued it's the worst selling consoles in Nintendo history has fallen being the GameCube. You need radical change if you want to change the faith of this console. 3DS only improved sales with a $80 price drop. 

The Wiiu release with a $350 retail price for deluxe edition .... Two years after the Wiiu still retail at $299, hardly any retailer were giving out $250 Black Friday deal this year. Xbox one has sold more in one year then Wiiu did in two years and PS4 has double lifetime sales with one year less on the market. WiiU has been left behind by the competition and sales are simply not getting better. Price cut, redesign, new bundles, something got to give you can't simply sit there expecting thing to improve without putting in any effort.

The gamepad is junk. It will be gone next year, I'm certain. Imagine a 199 wiiu zelda bundle next Christmas. It would sell several million easily.

ExplodingBlock said:
SwooshX said:
Which games aren't playable with a Pro Controller or Wiimote? Just curious.

To be honest Wii U is a lost cause anyway. Nothing is saving it at this point, so Nintendo may as well just carry on with it as is.

It will be their worst selling console, that's just all there is to it.

Lego City Undercover, Captain Toad, The Wonderful 101, Hyrule Warriors, and Bayonetta 2 all need it to play

Well for bayonetta 1/2 it's a stupid worthless pad check at start up. If you pass the press start screen, you can then cut the pad off.

McGilliguts said:
The gamepad is junk. It will be gone next year, I'm certain. Imagine a 199 wiiu zelda bundle next Christmas. It would sell several million easily.

Have you actually even used the gamepad? I think its a great controller and the off tv play feature is awesome. . 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I think the only reason Nintendo is not removing the GamePad is because they have millions in storage somewhere and not selling them would be a waste. They probably accepted a GamePad-less sku wouldn't help the Wii U sale more than the One or even PS4. But now that they're stuck with millions of GamePad-Wii U and slow sales, they are finally preparing software that will justify their expensive controller.

I love Nintendo but they really screwed up their market share business this gen.