By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People need to STOP asking for a Wii U with no Gamepad

Alright, so I am making this thread to address a problem I have been seeing all over the internet

So many people keep asking for a 200$ Wii U that does not include a gamepad, THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN. EVER

If you are one of these people, just stop, you can't even access the system settings without a gamepad, most of the games are not even Pro Controller compatible or require the gamepad to play

I know people say the gamepad is under used, but removing the it would not help this problem at all

Around the Network

We all know it's not going to happen. But, I don't see the harm in asking or stating it.

Nahh, they will never stop sadly

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Which games aren't playable with a Pro Controller or Wiimote? Just curious.

To be honest Wii U is a lost cause anyway. Nothing is saving it at this point, so Nintendo may as well just carry on with it as is.

It will be their worst selling console, that's just all there is to it.

If Wii U was $200, then people would want it to be $150... If it was $150, then people would want it to be $100.

If the current price of the Wii U doesn't appeal to these people, especially considering that it's bundled with 2 games typically, then perhaps a Wii U really isn't for that person.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network
SwooshX said:

To be honest Wii U is a lost cause anyway. Nothing is saving it at this point, so Nintendo may as well just carry on with it as is.

Lego City Undercover, Captain Toad, The Wonderful 101, Hyrule Warriors, and Bayonetta 2 all need it to play

ExplodingBlock said:
SwooshX said:

Lego City Undercover, Captain Toad, The Wonderful 101, Hyrule Warriors, and Bayonetta 2 all need it to play

I think you are wrong about W101, Hyrule Warriors, and Bayo 2. I play Bayo 2 all the time without the tablet controller. 

Seriously, it's never going to happen guys. That'd be like having a computer without a keyboard.

I like the GamePad. It is, to me, an integral part of why I enjoy the Wii U. Without it, the console would lose half of what makes it unique.

qwertyDANIELqwerty said:
Seriously, it's never going to happen guys. That'd be like having a computer without a keyboard.

Or an XBox One without a Kinec ... errr .... wait ;).