By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People need to STOP asking for a Wii U with no Gamepad

I don't understand the point in asking for a Wii U without the gamepad. It's literally just a controller with a screen in the middle. It's comfortable for most games, except for stuff like Bayo 2 and Hyrule Warriors where I prefer to use the pro controller because of the demanding gameplay.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
I don't understand the point in asking for a Wii U without the gamepad. It's literally just a controller with a screen in the middle. It's comfortable for most games, except for stuff like Bayo 2 and Hyrule Warriors where I prefer to use the pro controller because of the demanding gameplay.

I dont see the problem. It goes to show that Nintendo games are awesome and many people want to play them...

Yeah they really do need to stop. A WiiU without the Gamepad now would be stupid, it should have been removed well before launch.

ExplodingBlock said:

I know people say the gamepad is under used, but removing the it would not help this problem at all

if no one buys the wii u then there wont be any third party games in the first place and the least any supporting the gamepad

Ruler said:
ExplodingBlock said:

I know people say the gamepad is under used, but removing the it would not help this problem at all

if no one buys the wii u then there wont be any third party games in the first place and the least any supporting the gamepad

I think we're past the "if" stage with Wii U. It's going to sell less than the GameCube, nothing can stop that now. Keep the controller, remove it, etc. won't change the system's overall fate. 

Around the Network

I agree. Hearing them bitch about it is annoying fuck. I was planning on making a thread about this too.

SwooshX said:
Ruler said:
ExplodingBlock said:

I think we're past the "if" stage with Wii U. It's going to sell less than the GameCube, nothing can stop that now. Keep the controller, remove it, etc. won't change the system's overall fate. 

Pretty much. They should just keep catering to the fans and start over with the next console. Make it more traditional.

I own a wii u with a gamepad and I think the best thing for Nintendo would be to announce a new model with no gamepad, and patch the games that need gamepad like Mario 3d World.
Do what Microsoft did with Kinect.

Hiku said:
ExplodingBlock said:

just stop, you can't even access the system settings without a gamepad

That's irrelevant, as traditional controller navigation can easily be programmed for it.
Remember how Xbox HAD to be online all the time, and Kinect HAD to be hooked up to it, or it wouldn't function?
Yeah...

And people are just expressing what it would take for them to buy the console. That's not a bad thing.

All of the things you mentioned about XB1 are BEFORE it released, and those could be fixed easily as no games were made and would need to be patched 

Can I ask for a Wii U with 2 gamepads?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.