By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - People need to STOP asking for a Wii U with no Gamepad

bowserthedog said:

One of my biggest complaints about the wiiu as a wiiu fan is that you need the gamepad for some stuff.  If i choose i feel like i should be able to just use the pro controller for everything.

Would be difficult to draw in Miiverse though

Around the Network

No matter what you guys say but ignoring market demand isnt also smart decision by a company.

KLXVER said:

Instead of forcing the Upad on people, they should try and make people want it.

Like with Amiibo. Imagine if Nintendo forced $80 worth of amiibo onto every future Wii U. Or started selling every future retail Wii U game with a mandatory amiibo, driving the price of each game up by $10. If you want it, then maybe that's great, but if you don't, then you'd absolutely have the right to be pissed that you can't by the game you want without something you don't want that's not even functionally needed to play the game.

KLXVER said:

I guarantee no one asking for a gamepadless Wii U wants to draw in Miiverse.

spemanig said:
KLXVER said:

Instead of forcing the Upad on people, they should try and make people want it.

Like with Amiibo. Imagine if Nintendo forced $80 worth of amiibo onto every future Wii U. Or started selling every future retail Wii U game with a mandatory amiibo, driving the price of each game up by $10. If you want it, then maybe that's great, but if you don't, then you'd absolutely have the right to be pissed that you can't by the game you want without something you don't want that's not even functionally needed to play the game.

Yeah, theres only like three games that have really made great use of the Upad...and two of those games are third party..

Around the Network

Request a Wii U gamepad is not the same thing as asking for a PS4 without graphic

Prediction: Nintendo Switch sells 100 million until the end of 2021

I like the Wii U, but I won't deny every time play it at my friends place I go immediately for the pro controller.

JulioMadeira said:
Request a Wii U gamepad is not the same thing as asking for a PS4 without graphic

Did I forget how to read english words...?

KLXVER said:
bowserthedog said:

One of my biggest complaints about the wiiu as a wiiu fan is that you need the gamepad for some stuff.  If i choose i feel like i should be able to just use the pro controller for everything.

True.. There can be additional benefits of the gamepad but allow me to do the basics like browse netflix and the web and post text messages on miiverse with the pro controller.  Nah mean?

bowserthedog said:
KLXVER said:
bowserthedog said:

True.. There can be additional benefits of the gamepad but allow me to do the basics like browse netflix and the web and post text messages on miiverse with the pro controller.  Nah mean?

Yep. I think they should atleast try it for a few months. See what happens...