By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 vs. Xbox 360 ports - Microsoft's rebuttal

kingofwale said:
Fanatical111 said:
xdangerx said:

We have to disagree with your conclusion that the trend of Xbox 360 versions of games being best is changing, especially when you look at the entire catalog of multiplatform titles available. We also feel there were some key features of Xbox 360 games that deserved a little more play in your reviews. For multiplatform console owners, Achievements and Gamerscore have to be listed as an influencing factor to purchase the Xbox 360 version; their success and popularity is undeniable. The fact that other consoles have not implemented anything like this across every game should not be a reason to leave these features out of consideration. Plus, with Xbox 360 the capability for controller rumble comes standard, not as a future option and you get all the benefits of Xbox LIVE and its community of more than 10 million members.

"The cold, hard truth" is that Xbox 360 has the best games - and industry reviewers and consumers agree. Xbox 360 has more games with an aggregate review score of 90 or higher than the competition combined and multiplatform titles regularly sell better on Xbox 360. The majority of games are still lead developed for Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE simply makes games better. The competition between platforms is great for gamers and in 2008 we are going to continue to work with developers to push the boundaries of our platform and the LIVE service to make sure the best game experiences continue to be on Xbox 360.

Link: http://www.gamepro.com/microsoft/xbox360/games/features/164668.shtml

Multi-plat games are better on the 360 for more then just achievements, gamerscores etc. After I bought Madden 08 on PS3 I realized that I will buy all multiplat games on the 360. It is also true that most games are lead developed for the 360 though I expect that to change at some point in the future.

Best games in the industry is argueable but if you cant own both I would say 360 as it does have the most games of scores of 90% or higher. You will always have a great game to play.

You are judging all multplatform games by EA's standard? Oh brother!

Cant say I am surprised that you are the guy who said that, obvious PS3 fanboy/troll but in any case no, im not judging by EA's standard, its called an example.  Here ill throw you another bone, how about...the Orange Box or...Ghost Recon, you take your pick. 

Fact remains I own both consoles and for multiplat games 360 is better, I dont think you can find me any examples where the PS3 verision outshines that of the 360. 

Buy youself a 360 and we can talk cause I think it would be obvious to you rather then so hard to understand what I am saying.

Around the Network

Microsoft must be desperate to comment on a stupid article like that. Who cares about what GamePro thinks? We all know those games play the same on both systems.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

LIVE can be counted as a negative, since you have to pay for it, and I thought Burnouts Online was better on PS3 than Xbox.

Fanatical111 said:
kingofwale said:
Fanatical111 said:

Multi-plat games are better on the 360 for more then just achievements, gamerscores etc. After I bought Madden 08 on PS3 I realized that I will buy all multiplat games on the 360. It is also true that most games are lead developed for the 360 though I expect that to change at some point in the future.

Best games in the industry is argueable but if you cant own both I would say 360 as it does have the most games of scores of 90% or higher. You will always have a great game to play.

Cant say I am surprised that you are the guy who said that, obvious PS3 fanboy/troll but in any case no, im not judging by EA's standard, its called an example. Here ill throw you another bone, how about...the Orange Box or...Ghost Recon, you take your pick.

Fact remains I own both consoles and for multiplat games 360 is better, I dont think you can find me any examples where the PS3 verision outshines that of the 360.

Buy youself a 360 and we can talk cause I think it would be obvious to you rather then so hard to understand what I am saying.

Oblivion (720p vs 600p, longer draw distances, less frequent loading times, more content, etc). This one really outshines the 360 version (also one of the more demanding games) and read my sig below with regard to future potential. (the Bethesda comment)

Then you have a long list of games which are about on par (ironically the more demanding ones, not so ironic though if you understand the reasons), EA's game ports are mostly subpar although Fight Night Round 3 on the PS3 was IMO overall a better game. For reasons why various 360 games have been hard to port over to the PS3 click the link below.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

>Cant say I am surprised that you are the guy who said that, obvious PS3 fanboy/troll but in any case no, im not judging by EA's standard, its called an example. Here ill throw you another bone, how about...the Orange Box or...Ghost Recon, you take your pick.

If you definition of "throw me another bone" is talking about "Orange Box", you obviously know less about games than I care to reply.

Good night to you!

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
Fanatical111 said:
kingofwale said:
Fanatical111 said:

Cant say I am surprised that you are the guy who said that, obvious PS3 fanboy/troll but in any case no, im not judging by EA's standard, its called an example.  Here ill throw you another bone, how about...the Orange Box or...Ghost Recon, you take your pick. 

The Orange Box was an EA game...

How about DiRT or Burnout Paradise? If one of those games were the first multi-plat game you bought, would all games now be on the PS3?

Personally, if you own both systems, I think limiting what you buy based on that example would be kind of silly. I am sure when Madden 2010 comes out, and if the PS3 version blows away the 360 version, you are going to hate the fact that you are not allowed to buy it due to the rule you have now set for yourself. Buy each game that’s better based on the game at hand, not some lame port you might have ended up with.

But then again, it's your money. Spend it however you like :)

xdangerx said:

Achievements and Gamerscore have to be listed as an influencing factor to purchase the Xbox 360 version;

I would have to say that is damn true! As for GTA4 is concerned thats a bigger reason for me to buy the 360 version than the DLC!

TheRealMafoo said:
Fanatical111 said:
kingofwale said:
Fanatical111 said:

The Orange Box was an EA game...

How about DiRT or Burnout Paradise? If one of those games were the first multi-plat game you bought, would all games now be on the PS3?

Personally, if you own both systems, I think limiting what you buy based on that example would be kind of silly. I am sure when Madden 2010 comes out, and if the PS3 version blows away the 360 version, you are going to hate the fact that you are not allowed to buy it due to the rule you have now set for yourself. Buy each game that’s better based on the game at hand, not some lame port you might have ended up with.

But then again, it's your money. Spend it however you like :)

I agree completely.  Wasnt Orange Box published by EA but developed by Valve?  That was my impression anyways from what I have read and given the fact that I WORK FOR EA.

kingofwale said:
>Cant say I am surprised that you are the guy who said that, obvious PS3 fanboy/troll but in any case no, im not judging by EA's standard, its called an example. Here ill throw you another bone, how about...the Orange Box or...Ghost Recon, you take your pick.

If you definition of "throw me another bone" is talking about "Orange Box", you obviously know less about games than I care to reply.

Good night to you!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Orange_Box read where it says developed donkey.  I work for EA and as such am pretty aware of who paid for the development and it wasn't us.

Why did they answer this? What's next, game developers answering IGN's game reviews? Of course they are going to disagree and then claim their's is the better. That whole thing seems pointless.

Hmm, pie.