By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 vs. Xbox 360 ports - Microsoft's rebuttal

kingofwale said:
dannyphantom105 said:
kingofwale said:
>, when a multiplat game is better on the PS3 then the 360 I will go out and get the PS3 version, all I am saying is that I have yet to see that and based on some terrible ports,

Our beloved VGC users. Please show this misguided user a few multi-platform games that is better on PS3 than on 360.

Shall I go first?

Elder Scroll- Oblivion.

Who's next?

ooooooooooo ME !

sry i know i wasnt next but as was mention earlier

Burnout Paradise

Devil May Cry 4.

Edit : Deleted... Whats the point arguing with you

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
Fanatical111 said:

I dont need to ask around. Valve developed the game for the 360 (primary engine) and it was ported to the PS3 by Valve not EA. 

Oh dear.

EA UK did the port for The Orange Box for the PS3.

You've kinda blown any potential respect you might have got for saying "I work for EA" with every post, time to make another account? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_UK 

Gamepro is a very unreliable source they are so PS3 biased it is beyond a joke.
There are basically no differences between the XBox 360 and PS3 versions of the same game. What matters is sales of the same game for example: Assassins Creed, Guitar Hero 3 and Call of Duty 4..... XBox 360 version outsells the PS3 version 2 to 1.

MikeB said:
Fanatical111 said:

Cant say I am surprised that you are the guy who said that, obvious PS3 fanboy/troll but in any case no, im not judging by EA's standard, its called an example. Here ill throw you another bone, how about...the Orange Box or...Ghost Recon, you take your pick.

Fact remains I own both consoles and for multiplat games 360 is better, I dont think you can find me any examples where the PS3 verision outshines that of the 360.

Buy youself a 360 and we can talk cause I think it would be obvious to you rather then so hard to understand what I am saying.

Oblivion (720p vs 600p, longer draw distances, less frequent loading times, more content, etc). This one really outshines the 360 version (also one of the more demanding games) and read my sig below with regard to future potential. (the Bethesda comment)

Then you have a long list of games which are about on par (ironically the more demanding ones, not so ironic though if you understand the reasons), EA's game ports are mostly subpar although Fight Night Round 3 on the PS3 was IMO overall a better game. For reasons why various 360 games have been hard to port over to the PS3 click the link below.

You got some of it right, specifically the Knights of the Nine being included for free.  But let's examine the rest:

1. 720p vs 600p.  Can't say I've determined the resolution on the 360 or have read that it was 600p, but it gets upscaled to 1080 by hardware (yeah, not the same as native 1080 but it helps) and I haven't been able to see a difference unless you're talking about the PC version on high-end hardware with lots o' mods.

2. Longer draw distances.  Negated when the 1.2 update for 360 came out shortly after the PS3 release of the game.

3. Less frequent load times.  My friends with PS3s complain that they experience this more than when they've seen it on my 360, so I would be interested to see some hard data on this rather than speculation or anecdotal evidence.

So, I agree that the Nights of the Nine was a sweet freebie for PS3 users, but 2 of the guys at work that were playing Oblivion on the PS3 have actually gone out and switched to the PC version so they could get more "360-like content" (one of the guy's comments, not mine).  Some of the stuff they were after that's can be downloaded for 360 (for modest fees):

1. Mehrunes Razor

2. Wizard's Tower

3. Horse Armor

4. Thieve's Den

5. The Orrery

6. Fighter's Stronghold

7. Spell Tomes

8. The Vile Lair

And of course, Nights of the Nine is available to the 360 for $10 or so.  So, I can't agree in any measure that the PS3 version has more content... just one of the add-on's for free.  The 360 versions has a lot more available Oblivion content.

kingofwale said:
>, when a multiplat game is better on the PS3 then the 360 I will go out and get the PS3 version, all I am saying is that I have yet to see that and based on some terrible ports,

Our beloved VGC users. Please show this misguided user a few multi-platform games that is better on PS3 than on 360.

Shall I go first?

Elder Scroll- Oblivion.

Who's next?

Read my response to MikeB.  The 360 version of Oblivion was definitely superior.  More available content, less loading delay, etc.  The only thing the PS3 version has going for it is the free Nights of the Nine.  Other than that, the 360 version was equal or better.

Around the Network
Fanatical111 said:
kingofwale said:
Fanatical111 said:
kingofwale said:
>Cant say I am surprised that you are the guy who said that, obvious PS3 fanboy/troll but in any case no, im not judging by EA's standard, its called an example. Here ill throw you another bone, how about...the Orange Box or...Ghost Recon, you take your pick.

If you definition of "throw me another bone" is talking about "Orange Box", you obviously know less about games than I care to reply.

Good night to you!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Orange_Box read where it says developed donkey. I work for EA and as such am pretty aware of who paid for the development and it wasn't us.
Maybe ask around to find out who actually did the PORTING for PS3 version?

Man, how am I not surprise to see such characters working for EA? :)
I dont need to ask around. Valve developed the game for the 360 (primary engine) and it was ported to the PS3 by Valve not EA. I am sure there may have been some fiancial assistance and resource support from EA but it is Valves game not EA's plain and simple. Valve should take the ownership for the shitty port not the company who funded and assited them to do it.

Again my point was simple but too difficult for you to understand. Like I send before, when a multiplat game is better on the PS3 then the 360 I will go out and get the PS3 version, all I am saying is that I have yet to see that and based on some terrible ports, I perfer multiplat games on the 360.
Quoted from Wikipedia:  "While the Windows and Xbox 360 versions of The Orange Box were developed and published by Valve, the development of the PlayStation 3 port was outsourced to Electronic Arts."
(emphasis added by me)

I'm the last person to reflexively defend kingofwale (slightly the opposite in fact) but in this case your own linked source material shows that you are wrong and that he is right.  That is pretty epic failure, and a little bit sad. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

really its just mainly the fact most devs are to lazy or stupid to program things right on the PS3

remember 360 to PS3 ports = 360 game is superior; PS3 to 360 ports = even.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

PooperScooper said:
kingofwale said:

You are judging all multplatform games by EA's standard? Oh brother!

Funny. I'm pretty sure CoD4 developers said Ps3 was their best version. They had 3 teams working for each platform instead of being lazy and porting like EA.

And they might have been right if the PS3's online had worked properly from the get-go.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

MikeB said:
Fanatical111 said:
kingofwale said:
Fanatical111 said:

Multi-plat games are better on the 360 for more then just achievements, gamerscores etc. After I bought Madden 08 on PS3 I realized that I will buy all multiplat games on the 360. It is also true that most games are lead developed for the 360 though I expect that to change at some point in the future.

Best games in the industry is argueable but if you cant own both I would say 360 as it does have the most games of scores of 90% or higher. You will always have a great game to play.

Cant say I am surprised that you are the guy who said that, obvious PS3 fanboy/troll but in any case no, im not judging by EA's standard, its called an example. Here ill throw you another bone, how about...the Orange Box or...Ghost Recon, you take your pick.

Fact remains I own both consoles and for multiplat games 360 is better, I dont think you can find me any examples where the PS3 verision outshines that of the 360.

Buy youself a 360 and we can talk cause I think it would be obvious to you rather then so hard to understand what I am saying.

Oblivion (720p vs 600p, longer draw distances, less frequent loading times, more content, etc). This one really outshines the 360 version (also one of the more demanding games) and read my sig below with regard to future potential. (the Bethesda comment)

Then you have a long list of games which are about on par (ironically the more demanding ones, not so ironic though if you understand the reasons), EA's game ports are mostly subpar although Fight Night Round 3 on the PS3 was IMO overall a better game. For reasons why various 360 games have been hard to port over to the PS3 click the link below.

Of course, you make no mention of the delay in getting the game to the console, or the fact that Virtua Fighter 5, which saw a similar delay on the 360 ended up being the far superior version.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
PooperScooper said:
kingofwale said:

Funny. I'm pretty sure CoD4 developers said Ps3 was their best version. They had 3 teams working for each platform instead of being lazy and porting like EA.

And they might have been right if the PS3's online had worked properly from the get-go.

Funny I don't remember many problems. Only one week was bad and I couldn't get on... but you love blowing things out of proportion.