By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 vs. Xbox 360 ports - Microsoft's rebuttal

We have to disagree with your conclusion that the trend of Xbox 360 versions of games being best is changing, especially when you look at the entire catalog of multiplatform titles available. We also feel there were some key features of Xbox 360 games that deserved a little more play in your reviews. For multiplatform console owners, Achievements and Gamerscore have to be listed as an influencing factor to purchase the Xbox 360 version; their success and popularity is undeniable. The fact that other consoles have not implemented anything like this across every game should not be a reason to leave these features out of consideration. Plus, with Xbox 360 the capability for controller rumble comes standard, not as a future option and you get all the benefits of Xbox LIVE and its community of more than 10 million members.

"The cold, hard truth" is that Xbox 360 has the best games - and industry reviewers and consumers agree. Xbox 360 has more games with an aggregate review score of 90 or higher than the competition combined and multiplatform titles regularly sell better on Xbox 360. The majority of games are still lead developed for Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE simply makes games better. The competition between platforms is great for gamers and in 2008 we are going to continue to work with developers to push the boundaries of our platform and the LIVE service to make sure the best game experiences continue to be on Xbox 360.

Link: http://www.gamepro.com/microsoft/xbox360/games/features/164668.shtml

Discuss

Around the Network

I like it, Microsoft sticking to what they do best, and talking about the positives, Which is their superior game library.

No more cheap jabs!

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I'm kind of surprised they took the time to rebut on this gamepro story thing. I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

xdangerx said:

We have to disagree with your conclusion that the trend of Xbox 360 versions of games being best is changing, especially when you look at the entire catalog of multiplatform titles available. We also feel there were some key features of Xbox 360 games that deserved a little more play in your reviews. For multiplatform console owners, Achievements and Gamerscore have to be listed as an influencing factor to purchase the Xbox 360 version; their success and popularity is undeniable. The fact that other consoles have not implemented anything like this across every game should not be a reason to leave these features out of consideration. Plus, with Xbox 360 the capability for controller rumble comes standard, not as a future option and you get all the benefits of Xbox LIVE and its community of more than 10 million members.

"The cold, hard truth" is that Xbox 360 has the best games - and industry reviewers and consumers agree. Xbox 360 has more games with an aggregate review score of 90 or higher than the competition combined and multiplatform titles regularly sell better on Xbox 360. The majority of games are still lead developed for Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE simply makes games better. The competition between platforms is great for gamers and in 2008 we are going to continue to work with developers to push the boundaries of our platform and the LIVE service to make sure the best game experiences continue to be on Xbox 360.

Multi-plat games are  better on the 360 for more then just achievements, gamerscores etc.  After I bought Madden 08 on PS3 I realized that I will buy all multiplat games on the 360.  It is also true that most games are lead developed for the 360 though I expect that to change at some point in the future. 

Best games in the industry is argueable but if you cant own both I would say 360 as it does have the most games of scores of 90% or higher.  You will always have a great  game to play.

Fanatical111 said:
xdangerx said:

Multi-plat games are better on the 360 for more then just achievements, gamerscores etc. After I bought Madden 08 on PS3 I realized that I will buy all multiplat games on the 360. It is also true that most games are lead developed for the 360 though I expect that to change at some point in the future.

Best games in the industry is argueable but if you cant own both I would say 360 as it does have the most games of scores of 90% or higher. You will always have a great game to play.

You are judging all multplatform games by EA's standard? Oh brother!

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Around the Network

hahahaROFLZONYOURWOFLZ!

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

> Achievements and Gamerscore

Nice, but a little mild for the long run IMO. The Home approach seems to be more interesting and rewarding to me, more potential. Would love getting in-Home game related T-Shirts, a Motorstorm 2 trophy, unique furniture, etc for milestone achievements. High scores (like Super Stardust HD where I am ranked amongst the top 0.1% players) and achievements (like Uncharted) we have already, but IMO should be the top of the iceberg of what can potentially be done by developers.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

kingofwale said:

You are judging all multplatform games by EA's standard? Oh brother!

Funny. I'm pretty sure CoD4 developers said Ps3 was their best version. They had 3 teams working for each platform instead of being lazy and porting like EA.

I really wish Sony and Microsoft in particular would stop caring so darn much about the Gamepros and EGMs of the world.  I genuinely believe they're paying too much attention to these people, and that it's actually hurting them.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:

I really wish Sony and Microsoft in particular would stop caring so darn much about the Gamepros and EGMs of the world. I genuinely believe they're paying too much attention to these people, and that it's actually hurting them.

I agree, DAMNIT LEAVE THE BITCHING AND MOANING TO FANBOYS!!!!

Okay, I'm calm, I'm calm! :) 

selnor
Episode 2: