By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 vs. Xbox 360 ports - Microsoft's rebuttal

Fanatical111 said:
kingofwale said:
>Cant say I am surprised that you are the guy who said that, obvious PS3 fanboy/troll but in any case no, im not judging by EA's standard, its called an example. Here ill throw you another bone, how about...the Orange Box or...Ghost Recon, you take your pick.

If you definition of "throw me another bone" is talking about "Orange Box", you obviously know less about games than I care to reply.

Good night to you!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Orange_Box read where it says developed donkey. I work for EA and as such am pretty aware of who paid for the development and it wasn't us.

Maybe ask around to find out who actually did the PORTING for PS3 version?

Man, how am I not surprise to see such characters working for EA? :)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
kingofwale said:
Fanatical111 said:
kingofwale said:
>Cant say I am surprised that you are the guy who said that, obvious PS3 fanboy/troll but in any case no, im not judging by EA's standard, its called an example. Here ill throw you another bone, how about...the Orange Box or...Ghost Recon, you take your pick.

If you definition of "throw me another bone" is talking about "Orange Box", you obviously know less about games than I care to reply.

Good night to you!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Orange_Box read where it says developed donkey. I work for EA and as such am pretty aware of who paid for the development and it wasn't us.

Maybe ask around to find out who actually did the PORTING for PS3 version?

Man, how am I not surprise to see such characters working for EA? :)

I dont need to ask around.  Valve developed the game for the 360 (primary engine) and it was ported to the PS3 by Valve not EA.  I am sure there may have been some fiancial assistance and resource support from EA but it is Valves game not EA's plain and simple.  Valve should take the ownership for the shitty port not the company who funded and assited them to do it.

Again my point was simple but too difficult for you to understand.  Like I send before, when a multiplat game is better on the PS3 then the 360 I will go out and get the PS3 version, all I am saying is that I have yet to see that and based on some terrible ports, I perfer multiplat games on the 360. 

>, when a multiplat game is better on the PS3 then the 360 I will go out and get the PS3 version, all I am saying is that I have yet to see that and based on some terrible ports,

Our beloved VGC users. Please show this misguided user a few multi-platform games that is better on PS3 than on 360.

Shall I go first?

Elder Scroll- Oblivion.

Who's next?

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:

CoD4 - I'll look for the article where the developers say so.

Nov 21, 2007

"We had our best programmers on the PS3 [version of Call of Duty] and it shows," Infinity Ward studio head Vince Zampella has bellowed. He's been explaining why Sony's edition has a bigger online capacity (24 max players vs 360's 18) and, according to those with cyborg-eyes, improved visuals.

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare/news/cod4-dev-put-its-best-coders-on-ps3/a-2007112111543578009/g-2007042715365068067

Fanatical111 said:
kingofwale said:

Good night to you!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Orange_Box read where it says developed donkey.  I work for EA and as such am pretty aware of who paid for the development and it wasn't us.

Umm, it says "EA London (PS3 version)".

Around the Network

Burnout is marginally better on PS3. Oh and...I dunno..maybe read the gamepro article that Microsoft was responding to to begin with. Btw, Orange Box had problems on the 360 as well, especially with TF2.

I think it looked petty to comment directly to the article. It should have been cemented as a stance during a convention, but no need to comment directly to Gamepro.

For those that think games are ported better to PS3, you have much bias against what's obvious. Most of the best examples of superior PS3 ports are Fight Night Round 3(brought up already), Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion(brought up already) and Rainbow Six Vegas(not yet brought up). All of those games had a lot of extra time in development to make them better, some upwards of 12 months. They weren't simultaneously ported from 360 to PS3 within the same release window. They should be better, not worse, or even the same. Just look at what a few extra months did for Virtua Fighter 5 for 360, a whole online mode. That's a major advantage.

For those PS3 multiplats that have performed better, it's usually of a very small amount of detail in graphics, and/or a slight advancement in online play. I've yet to see a PS3 port blow away a 360 one, like how 360 multiplats have in many cases blown away PS3 ports. You still see it to this day, as Lost Planet: Extreme Condition from Capcom will show you. I do agree that it's usually two culprits that are getting it wrong, being Ubisoft and EA. That doesn't prove your point though. It may be the developers' faults, but it's Sony's console that takes the burden. Putting blame on the developer does not erase substandard PS3 ports from exisiting.

I see the situation improving overall for PS3 multiplats, and hopefully soon enough both consoles can be of equal stature concerning them. As of now, there really is little argument. Most third party efforts are just better on 360 for whatever reason, and those of you that want to pick the few apples that defy this logic don't really change the reality of the situation. I'm not even talking biased here. This is how things are as of this moment, and those of you buying PS3 third party games are getting the raw end of the deal about 50% of the time, the same deal about 45% of the time and a slightly better deal 5% of the time. (Yes the percentages were pulled out of my ass; sue me.)

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

i thought ps3 had the better ports as of lately?

i tried dmc4 cod4 ac and burnout on each system and i thought the ps3 versions were better cept with assasains creed cause it froze on my friend like 13 times.

cod4 for 360 has bad server issues, burnout online for 360 requires a hard drive, and dmc4 well i cant really say anything for this one. i just like the controls better since ive been playing it on a ps controller since the previous games came out.

kingofwale said:
>, when a multiplat game is better on the PS3 then the 360 I will go out and get the PS3 version, all I am saying is that I have yet to see that and based on some terrible ports,

Our beloved VGC users. Please show this misguided user a few multi-platform games that is better on PS3 than on 360.

Shall I go first?

Elder Scroll- Oblivion.

Who's next?

ooooooooooo ME !

sry i know i wasnt next but as was mention earlier

Burnout Paradise

dannyphantom105 said:
kingofwale said:

Shall I go first?

Elder Scroll- Oblivion.

Who's next?

ooooooooooo ME !

sry i know i wasnt next but as was mention earlier

Burnout Paradise

Devil May Cry 4.

selnor
Episode 2: