By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When's the Xbox One gonna overtake the PS4 in the US?

Tagged games:

When will the Xbone overtake the PS4 in the U.S.?

Late 2014 32 2.87%

1st half of 2015 51 4.57%

2nd half of 2015 92 8.25%

1st half of 2016 22 1.97%

2nd half of 2016 12 1.08%

2017 6 0.54%

2018 and beyond 10 0.90%

Never 794 71.21%

See results 95 8.52%

Total:1,114

When Halo 5 comes out

Around the Network

Xbox has had a few good weeks and hasn't closed the gap that the ps4 has created for the whole year, xbox has only won the last few weeks in america due to its insanely good deals but they are not perminate......

By the end of January sales will go back to ps4 on top in america and it will build up another gap over the whole year till xbox produces next year's black friday deals

steverhcp02 said:

Some argue that but I disagree. The product someone is buying is different. To me, if youre cutting the price the contents should remain the same otherwise it is a seperate product. 

I understand that, but that product isn't different. It's still an Xbox one. There have been stores selling the console with kinect for $399 since before a kinectless bundle was available just to get it off their sheleves, and recently you could still find the same bundles with the same games since launch being sold for $349 again simply so they could get them off their shelves and make more room for the kinectless bundles and ps4's which have been selling better. I understand your point and agree with it, but the entry point has been lowered on each product, each bundle. Which means there has been a price cut.  

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

I'm saying the 2nd half of 2015, just because of how low sales are, it may outsell it but only by 10,000 average a week. I could be wrong but I don't see it getting that many numbers during the slow months.

So the Xb1 outsold the PS4 for one month and now it will outsell the PS4 on a on going basics... Really!

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:

We don´t know if it was 200K, but it could have been, the same way November could be a 200K lead for the XOne.

There is no "tidal force" anywhere, keep the hyperboles at there place. If anything other than the price advantage that influenced the early PS4 lead was the hardcore gamers delusion that Microsoft was a evil company trying to block the ownership of their games with a terrible, buggy and slugsh hardware, with no apeal to quality that Sony has...

Well, preaty much of this is gone now.

So are you saying that Microsoft had a perfect reveal of their new console.  Are you saying that they didn't try to block the ownership of their games?

Are we also going to neglect the fact that their previous console at launch had a failure rate over 50%?  Or the counteless games that got scratched on the previous console?  Surely this had to play in the role of people not favoring the XB1 at launch.  Or maybe it was the lack of games towards the end of the XB360 that had some people questioning whether to get the XB1 at launch.

I guess all of that coincidentally went away at the same time that they had their holiday price cut that caused a massive shipment of consoles.

Delusional...playstation has no gaemz.

Delusional...XBOX Live never gets hacked

Delusional...XBOX Live has more stable servers than PSN

People have spoken with their wallets and have chosen the PS4 over the XB1 when they were both 400 dollars.  The XB1 even had two free games included in their bundle and it still outsold the XB1.  So the price was clearly not the reason why the PS4 was selling better in the US.  

this is funny thread. I cant belive some people really belive the x1 will come on top. Or is this a clickbait for some quick points?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Waaay too many variables to tell. What if Sony announces a PS4 slim at 299$ next gamescom? Not to mention the awesome lineup that the PS4 has. We also don't know if the price-cut will be permanent, although it would basically kill the sales if the price go back up.

The really interesting part will be what happens in January. Will MS raise the price? What will the sales be of they either keep it at 349, or if they raise it to 399? What will the PS4 sell?

What exactly is going to push XBOne ahead of PS4 the first half of the year? PS4 has exclusives in The Order 1886 and Bloodborne, and Batman Arkham Knight and Battlefiled Hardline is being pushed hard on PS4.

See if the Xbox One keeps it's momentum next month. If the price goes back up to $399 i see the cycle repeating.