By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - At my Best Buy we only have PS4 Destiny bundles which no one wants

McGilliguts said:
Long term, the xbone is still in serious trouble. It is underpowered and lacks the exclusives of Sony. Over time, these shortcomings are only going to become more apparent.

Most of the people who buy the xbone this holiday based on the price cut are going to end up regretting it.

This.

Around the Network
CDiablo said:

There is no shortage of standard PS4's available. People that dont go to Best Buy can get it online or Walmart/Target/etc. If I was getting a PS4 I would wait for a BF bundle restock.

edit:Even if it doesnt come back Gamestop has PS4+ a free game(includes destiny, Farcry and others) for $400. Cant beat that.

You can. Walmart gives you a $50 gift card on top.

Worldwide in the US?

Robbie2010 said:
generic-user-1 said:
Robbie2010 said:
Sounds like your store manager is a moron and not a problem on Sony's side. Maybe your store should order some more stock of the standalone model.

explain that to your boss...  uhh mr bossmen, we need more ps4s, but we have stock enough, we dont sale so much, so why ordering new? well mr bossmen those ps4s come with a turd, and noone wants to py 50$ extra for the turd...

Yes cause your analogy makes total sense......  That's like saying we have all these size large shirts that nobody is buying so let's not order anymore medium or small sizes until we sell the large.  Makes total sense.

my argument makes sense, you ust butchered it with your bad bad analogy. 

if you have 100 ps destiny bundles in you store you will be grilled if you order more ps4s. it doesnt make so much sense from a consumer oriented point of view,  but dont forget that 100 ps destiny bundles mean 40k $ just standing around. that makes it kind of hard to justify ordering more stock, even if it would make sense.  sony just made to much destiny bundles and channelstuffed em to hard.

FattyDingDong said:

They are stupid. Microsoft is a genius company and I think they deserve all the success they have been achieving in these past couple of weeks.

I laughed so hard at this I think I hurt something.

Around the Network
FattyDingDong said:
DerNebel said:
Oh no, if Sony doesn't do anything then MS will win December NPD.... the horror!!! I'm sure Sony are extremely bothered by this with the PS4 being the fastest selling console of all time and all.

Do you realize how important NA market is?  Xbox one has been outselling it here for weeks now things are starting to change.

The NA market is super important but Sony has a hold on it with months to spare.  Its okay if the Xbox One wins a couple of months.   Even if Microsoft outsold it by 300k, it would take months just for Microsoft to break even.   So no need to freak out.   I think instead of cutting the price of the Destiny Bundle, they should ship more GTA 399 + TLOU bundles.  To me that seems like a better value unless you really want a white unit. 

At the stores I go to and the people I know who work there,the PS4 Destiny bundles sold out the first week on sale and I have not seen PS4 in stock since October,but they have plenty of Assassin's Creed X1 bundles. Funny how it's completely different where I work at huh?

generic-user-1 said:

if you have 100 ps destiny bundles in you store you will be grilled if you order more ps4s. it doesnt make so much sense from a consumer oriented point of view,  but dont forget that 100 ps destiny bundles mean 40k $ just standing around. that makes it kind of hard to justify ordering more stock, even if it would make sense.  sony just made to much destiny bundles and channelstuffed em to hard.

How did Sony force retailers to have these products. Did they sneak a couple more onto the shipment without saying anything? Would love to know this.

MrChaos said:
At the stores I go to and the people I know who work there,the PS4 Destiny bundles sold out the first week on sale and I have not seen PS4 in stock since October,but they have plenty of Assassin's Creed X1 bundles. Funny how it's completely different where I work at huh?

Where are you in the country? I think the South is the PS4 territory, and the North is XBOX territory.

generic-user-1 said:
Robbie2010 said:
generic-user-1 said:
Robbie2010 said:
Sounds like your store manager is a moron and not a problem on Sony's side. Maybe your store should order some more stock of the standalone model.

explain that to your boss...  uhh mr bossmen, we need more ps4s, but we have stock enough, we dont sale so much, so why ordering new? well mr bossmen those ps4s come with a turd, and noone wants to py 50$ extra for the turd...

Yes cause your analogy makes total sense......  That's like saying we have all these size large shirts that nobody is buying so let's not order anymore medium or small sizes until we sell the large.  Makes total sense.

And we are back to a stupid store manager who ordered too much of one product over estimating it's appeal while failing to order other products that would actually appeal to people.  Sony did not force this store to over order Destiny bundles while failing to order other models.  My analogy still stands it just clearly went over your head.