By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - At my Best Buy we only have PS4 Destiny bundles which no one wants

The hype for Destiny is long time over.
The desperate need of a white Ps4 and many double dippers, too. U could bought this now for 3 month.

The only thing, that suprise me. Still no chance to sell it at 419?
If that is true, the Bundle has really some demand issues. Next step would be 399$ to see how it perform at that price point.

Worst case sezenaio would be, that the Ps4 demand in US was just heavily frontloaded from hardcore gamers and afther the priceadvantage the casuals now start to upgrade to Americas next gen console of choice.
Don't think that so far. Wee need more month of market data

Around the Network

Maybe they can cut the price to move the bundles. But I think that you should have ordered more stand alone models to be honest...

kowenicki said:

Its 100% correct so far.

The market share will end up higher due to the WiiU having a nightmare.  But that doesnt really mean anything does it? 

The Xbox 1 has sold a few million more than the 360 had at the same time in its life.

The PS4 has sold a bit more than the PS2, that doesn't mean we will see 170M units sold. The Wii outpaced the PS2 heavily and we didn't saw it selling 200M+. Most of the Wii gamers are gone, and right now PS4 has way more market share than X1. It lost share, it will sell less, unless the market grows a lot. Any 80M+ number for X1 would need a 140M+ PS4 to make sense and that's pretty hard. Of course, if it happen it would be absolutely great.

kowenicki said:

The battle for the living room no longer matters in the same way they thought it did 12 years ago.  Thats the point! deary me.

Not like 12 years ago, but the software design of the Xbox One show it was made to be a computing device on your living room. It runs 2 OS + and hypervisor One, using heavily virtualization to create two completely separate enviroments, one for games and the other for apps. They had all the work done to unify Windows 10 apps (specially the work they started with WPF and Silverlight for scalable designs that would look great in any screen).

I look at the way the X1 was implemented and it screams "Windows at the living room". MS is trying to be less of an OS/Office company and that means services and corporate offers (that are pretty good and too much to talk about in a single post) for enterprise, something that is easy for them, and products for the consumer market. The last one is where they are trying several approaches, but right now I see it as a "Windows everywhere" thing.

They understood that having people using a different OS is bad for their main revenue. Probably now we have more Android devices than Windows devices, and they need to fight it. Their strategy is the unified OS: gaming, TV and living room entertaiment? Windows on Xbox with Modern style apps. Tablet? Windows. Phone? WP. It's pretty much that. They can tell me what they want, but the own X1 design they did show that the living room matters for them, at least in part.