By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon Japan ranks most wished items for Christmas

wishlist function is for poor people who wish they could have stuff lol. I have never used it. Don't see the point of wishing for something I cannot afford.

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
what is that thing at 10?

Cordlesss vaccum cleaner. http://www.dysoncanada.ca/en-CA/vacuumcleaners/cordless/dc62/dc62-animal.aspx

Also at #15 is an air purifier/humidifier.

Conclusion: Japanese have OCD

The youkai watch watch is kind of cute.

I'm just surprised the X1 is on the radar.

vivster said:

I don't think it's that easy. All those NEETs and Hikkikomoris will stay forever dependent on what their parents will buy for them. And there is still that old Japanese saying: "You get handheld or you get nothing"

Poor vivster, he despises something a whole country adores.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
PS4 > 3DS makes sense. More likely adults who would have Amazon accounts so more likely to trend towards adult wants. Not only that but 3DS has kind of peaked in Japan, thats why we have the New 3DS to continue to push sales.
3DS will still sell better though obviously.

As it should. The 3DS is a handheld. Handhelds and consoles sell to two different demographs. One is mostly for children, the other is for both childrend and adults. One is ultra cheap, the other is expensive. One is portable, the other is not. 

When handhelds are outsold by consoles, something is terribly wrong. It would be like Lexus outselling Toyota.

Mystro-Sama said:
I'm just surprised the X1 is on the radar.

So how many people actually buy on Amazon Japan?

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I wouldn't put too much trust into that list!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

tbone51 said:

#1 PS4
#2 3DS
#6 Wii U
#8 PS Vita
#14 Xbox One
#17 PS3

Reality in sales 2015
3DS>>>>>>>>>>PS4>Vita>>>>WiiU>PS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X1>Wii/PSP/DS :0

This

prayformojo said:
ktay95 said:
PS4 > 3DS makes sense. More likely adults who would have Amazon accounts so more likely to trend towards adult wants. Not only that but 3DS has kind of peaked in Japan, thats why we have the New 3DS to continue to push sales.
3DS will still sell better though obviously.

As it should. The 3DS is a handheld. Handhelds and consoles sell to two different demographs. One is mostly for children, the other is for both childrend and adults. One is ultra cheap, the other is expensive. One is portable, the other is not. 

When handhelds are outsold by consoles, something is terribly wrong. It would be like Lexus outselling Toyota.

Lexus is owned by Toyota. But yea that would be weird lol.

A home console does not usually outsell handhelds until big releases, that is for sure.