By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Capcom close enough to Sony for MH5 Vita?

I'm not sure what Capcom's plans for Monster Hunter will be going forward. If they wanna bring it back to consoles, PS4 is the only way to go. Though, I'm not sure what Capcom is planning with the handheld space. I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason why Revelations 2 was going to Vita was because of funding from Sony. An outside studio is doing the port. Other than that, Capcom has nothing for handhelds. I'll say though, Monster Hunter 5 announcement is going to be interesting.

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
MH5 will be on next Nintendo handheld. End of story

Impossible. Capcom needs MH5 out earlier than that.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Doubt it... I am pretty sure the 3ds's MH sales would want to make Capcom continue to earn that money instead of putting it on the Vita of all things. RE:R2 is multi-platform so I am guessing Sony made a deal with capcom to port it on the Vita. Not to say Sony can't do the same but with the SF:V console exclusivity and if they made MH5 exclusive as well, thats a hell of a lot of money which I highly doubt Sony wants to spend on the Vita alone

They could make MH5 multiplat...

ryuzaki57 said:
EricFabian said:
MH5 will be on next Nintendo handheld. End of story

Impossible. Capcom needs MH5 out earlier than that.

So, another 3Ds exclusive

Click HERE and be happy 

Personally, I dislike Capcom for that. Not because of the deal with Nintendo. But because they literally had the nerve to show Monster Hunter running on the Vita long ago and have yet to put the game out for it. That's a deliberate slap in the face.

Around the Network

MH5 will not happen that quickly. I assume 3DS will have a successor already as that comes. But before that some more MH4-spinoffs will come, and something might end up on Vita.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

ryuzaki57 said:
Doubt it... I am pretty sure the 3ds's MH sales would want to make Capcom continue to earn that money instead of putting it on the Vita of all things.

They don't lose the 3DS's sales MH sales money if they make MH5 for both

Well, that depends on what is going on behind the scenes... If Nintendo is telling Capcom to keep it exclusive, then I doubt Capcom has any issues with that. Plus, you do also have to look at the development/porting costs which is like, does porting it to the Vita justify the development costs for MH5? I highly doubt it in the eyes of Capcom that is. Its the same reason why RE:R2 isn't on Nintendo platforms, cause the porting/development costs probably won't justify the "Return on Investment" for them

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It would sell much more on 3DS in the short term.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

why not sony has more money in the bank now

Teeqoz said:
Doubt it... I am pretty sure the 3ds's MH sales would want to make Capcom continue to earn that money instead of putting it on the Vita of all things. RE:R2 is multi-platform so I am guessing Sony made a deal with capcom to port it on the Vita. Not to say Sony can't do the same but with the SF:V console exclusivity and if they made MH5 exclusive as well, thats a hell of a lot of money which I highly doubt Sony wants to spend on the Vita alone

They could make MH5 multiplat...

They could make it for both but I think the development/porting costs doesn't justify the return in their eyes so... I doubt they will and I am sure Nintendo is also probably telling them to keep it exclusive which I doubt capcom has any issues with as they take their money to the bank

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850