By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo reiterates that some amiibo are unlikely to be restocked after selling through initial shipment due to limited shelf space

really don't understand. I need that marth now!

Around the Network

Glad I got all of them (and 2 Marths!)

I think it is a means to ensure that people don't take them for granted and run out and snap up the next round as they become available. As someone said they could always sell them online if shelf space was a legitimate concern.

Skidmore said:
Open your own warehouse, stock the amiibos, and sell them online-only, problem solved Nintendo.

That... actually makes a lot of sense.

I think it is a marketing ploy from Nintendo since they are so popular. Not producing anymore of a certain kind will increase the demand for all Amiibos, thus giving them increased sales overall. It's kind of how it was with Pokemon cards.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Dammit. There goes my hope of ever getting them all.

Not if you buy them on release!

I'm stuck in college right now with no money and Marth is already sold out. He and Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are already beyond my grasp.

Mystro-Sama said:
Skidmore said:
Open your own warehouse, stock the amiibos, and sell them online-only, problem solved Nintendo.

They already have warehouses. All they need to do is start selling them online. I don't understand why they aren't. Well, they've talked about doing custom Mii amiibos, so if they ever do that, it will have to be online. Perhaps then they can do reprints of old amiibos and sell them online in the same place they sell the custom ones.

Seems like a tactic to increase demand for the less popular ones, there should be literally nothing stopping Nintendo from selling every Amiibo online.

HylianSwordsman said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Skidmore said:

They already have warehouses. All they need to do is start selling them online. I don't understand why they aren't. Well, they've talked about doing custom Mii amiibos, so if they ever do that, it will have to be online. Perhaps then they can do reprints of old amiibos and sell them online in the same place they sell the custom ones.

Though kids would rather walk in a store and see something they like and then nagg their parents for it.

I kinda figured this would be the case, every store has an Amiibo section but it seems fairly fixed in size. Like Disney Infinity has 3x the space of the Amiibo one at my Best Buy.

With Wave 2 coming I was wondering where those figures were supposed to go.

Though since they have a bad relationship with Amazon, why not let them sell them? That would probably help Nintendo's standing with Amazon. Nintendo isn't in the businesss of shipping small toys out one at a time to consumers en masse directly.