By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Forget the Zelda timeline; what about the Mario timeline?

Tagged games:

I try to forget Sunshine ever existed. Not the best mario game. I didnt really think it had a real timeline, at least I never put much thought into it. It might be interesting to see what unfolds here.

Around the Network
Wright said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Why even bother having a timelime when there's little to no story?

Come and say that to my face!

Oh I will for only Super Paper Mario had an interesting story. The rest were just same old "omg peach kidnapped! gotta go save her!" though I'll give TTYD some credit for actually having a reason for it.

Didn't Shigeru myamato once say that Mario games are staged acts, by that explaining how bowser is in game a the enemy and in game b just a character like in Mario Kart, but that's just a theory a game theory. Explain the super smash bros fits in Nintendoverse in the mean time.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I know this thread is just a joke.

But why do people insist on developing timelines for everything?

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

That timeline seems very legit to me!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Personally I'd enjoy reading a well thought out theory as to how all the Mario games are connected. I might be one of the few though

mysteryman said:
I assumed that with all the mushrooms Mario ingests, the timeline of the series was rendered as more of a stream of consciousness.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Qwark said:

Didn't Shigeru myamato once say that Mario games are staged acts, by that explaining how bowser is in game a the enemy and in game b just a character like in Mario Kart, but that's just a theory a game theory. Explain the super smash bros fits in Nintendoverse in the mean time.

Also explains why Mario isn't traumatized by the slaughter of countless Goombas, Koopas, Shy Guys, and Bob-Ombs.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.