By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Forget the Zelda timeline; what about the Mario timeline?

Tagged games:

Around the Network

God... The Zelda timeline is already confusing as fuck... Mario's one is just like, nope if you include all the games

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I assumed that with all the mushrooms Mario ingests, the timeline of the series was rendered as more of a stream of consciousness.

Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 3                                                                                                                                                                                                            New Super Mario Bros.                                                                                                                                                                              Super Mario Galaxy

Mario is Successful...
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario Bros. 2

Mario Fails...
Super Mario 64 (DS)/Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels
Super Mario World.                                                                                                                                                                                                     Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Super Mario Land

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Let Me explain it... Peach is kidnaped for first time, then she is rescued by Mario, the same happens once again in SMB3 and after some years of peace, Bowser comes again recharged to New SMB series, but after failing again for times with four new strategies, he decides to do a big comeback in Galaxy... If Mario wins Galaxy, he will rescue Peach forever  with  Power Stars and he will look for new adventures that can be Spin-Offs or RPG's alternative stories... After Galaxy, they go to Delfino to take vacations, which finishes on a big trouble for Mario, but not that bigger for Peach, then comes 3D World and SMB2 which has Peach as playable character which means that Peach trouble era finished... But if Mario fails in Galaxy he will go to 64 or 3D Land depending the case, so Bowser has doomed Peach on her own castle, also attacking others (DS case)... After beating 64, Mario will look for Lost Levels, World, World 2, Land and finally Galaxy 2 for saving Peach for  a final and definitive time (Sorry if I do mistakes, I'm not English Speaker)

Around the Network

Time and again, Bowser kidnaps Peach. Why do Mario and Peach still race go-karts and play tennis with him?

SM: If you're familiar with things like Popeye and some of the old comic characters, you would oftentimes see this cast of characters that takes on different roles depending on the comic or cartoon. They might be businessman in one [cartoon] or a pirate in another. Depending on the story that was being told, they would change roles. So, to a certain degree, I look at our characters in a similar way and feel that they can take on different roles in different games. It's more like they're one big family, or maybe a troupe of actors.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/09/24/miyamoto-tezuka-interview.aspx

I like it. Mysteryman's way is quite good too. 

Why even bother having a timelime when there's little to no story?

Einsam_Delphin said:
Why even bother having a timelime when there's little to no story?

Come and say that to my face!

As far as I can tell, the history would go like this-
Star Fox 64
Mrs. Pac Man
God of War 2
E.T.
President Clinton
The Peanuts.

What was I talking about again?

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.