By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU exclusive retail lineup in 2015

For me Zelda is reason enough to buy a Wii U if I didn't already have one. To sum up 2015, it looks like an absolutely amazing year for us Wii U owners. Hopefully this holliday season will also give enough sales to attract more third parties to jump on board.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

How do you know some of these are retail?  Like Star Fox or Mario Maker.  They put like a year of development into Star Fox, for all we know its a small downloadable game.  Mario Maker screams downloadable game to me.

What makes you think Star Fox will have only a year of development?

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

MoHasanie said:
NobleTeam360 said:
So of the big 3 I'll have to go with Nintendo's lineup being the best. Just my opinion. I'm sure MS will have more games coming in 2015 than what is listed, we'll just have to wait until then.

So does this mean you're finally gonna get a Wii U? :O 

Most likely

Definitely: Xenoblade Chronicles X
Probably: Zelda U
Iffy: Splatoon and Yoshi (only on sale)
Nopenopenope: The rest

KingdomHeartsFan said:

How do you know some of these are retail?  Like Star Fox or Mario Maker.  They put like a year of development into Star Fox, for all we know its a small downloadable game.  Mario Maker screams downloadable game to me.

What makes you think Star Fox had only a year of development?

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Around the Network

The lineup looks good, with the potential to be amazing depending on the quality of Star Fox and Zelda. Splatoon could end up being something special as well. Mario Maker of course looks spectacular.

For the first time in a while I don't know what to expect from Nintendo and it's a nice feeling.

Utterly fantastic so far. I feel like 2015 has the potential to be one of the best years ever for Nintendo in terms of quality. I think Zelda, Star Fox, Splatoon, Xenoblade, and Mario Maker all have potential to be as good or better than any game released this year. If all of those deliver it will truly be a spectacular lineup . Yoshi and Kirby should be fantastic platformers too.

If they do end up releasing in 2015, my buy list is:

Definitely:  Zelda, Xenoblade X, Captain Toad, Yoshi's Woolly World, Splatoon, FAST Racing Neo.

Maybe: Devil's Third, Starfox.

NobleTeam360 said:
MoHasanie said:
NobleTeam360 said:
So of the big 3 I'll have to go with Nintendo's lineup being the best. Just my opinion. I'm sure MS will have more games coming in 2015 than what is listed, we'll just have to wait until then.

So does this mean you're finally gonna get a Wii U? :O 

Most likely

Awesome! Its a great console. :)

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

In terms of excitement:

#1 - Xenoblade Chronicles X - And honestly, this is probably the most hyped I have ever been for a game before. Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2 comes close.

#2 - The Legend of Zelda - Big shocker there, looks amazing, new zelda game, new zelda game....

#3 - Star Fox - Cant wait to do some barrel roles. As

#4 - Splatoon - Looks so much fun, hopefully it will be a hit.. not sure how the community would enjoy a different non generic shooter.. how weird that sounds.

#5 - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Yup, I live in Europe. A game that I will surely enjoy, love puzzle games =)

#6 - Mario Party 10 - What can I say, a sucker for party games hehe

#7 - Yoshi's Wooly World - Looks cute.. think I will enjoy it

#8 - Mario Maker - I dont like doing maps etc and I am not sure if you are able to download other more creative players creations. If so, it will most certainly be great fun and would likely rise a bit on the excitement scale.

#9 - Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - Never really a fan of Kirby... let's see how it pans out.

#10 - Devil's Third - Havnt seen much of it yet, and the little I have seen didnt impress me much. I will wait and see what happens.. likely not buying but if it gets great reviews I might reconsider

I will probably end up with 8 of these, great year for me!