By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU exclusive retail lineup in 2015

If some of these titles pan out to be as good as I hope, I may pick up a Wii-U next year. It's all about that Zelda, Starfox & Xenoblade, and maybe Kirby & Yoshi.

Around the Network

Pretty good line up.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

How do you know some of these are retail?  Like Star Fox or Mario Maker.  They put like a year of development into Star Fox, for all we know its a small downloadable game.  Mario Maker screams downloadable game to me.

NES Remix and even Wii Sports U got retail releases

Out of that list I'll be getting Xenoblade and Legend of Zelda.

So of the big 3 I'll have to go with Nintendo's lineup being the best. Just my opinion. I'm sure MS will have more games coming in 2015 than what is listed, we'll just have to wait until then.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
So of the big 3 I'll have to go with Nintendo's lineup being the best. Just my opinion. I'm sure MS will have more games coming in 2015 than what is listed, we'll just have to wait until then.

So does this mean you're finally gonna get a Wii U? :O 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

KingdomHeartsFan said:

How do you know some of these are retail?  Like Star Fox or Mario Maker.  They put like a year of development into Star Fox, for all we know its a small downloadable game.  Mario Maker screams downloadable game to me.

Starfox was actually in development for 6 years on the Wii, then they moved it over to Wii U, it was stated back in June that it had been given 6-10 months development time on Wii U, so if the game comes out in late summer (before september 22nd) it would have already had another 15 months of dev time, meaning a minimum of 21 months development to release on Wii U, maybe 25 months if it launches by the end of summer, if it comes out in the fall that's even more time.

Here's an interview that talks about it:

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/10/miyamoto-says-star-fox-wii-u-has-been-in-development-for-many-years/

I have to remind you that Pikmin 3 start out life as a Wii title, didn't have a huge amount of time in the Wii U dev cycle, so it's not hard to see a quality game making a retail release on Wii U, I think the development times actually kind of mimick what's happened with Starfox and Pikmin 3 is a retail release.

Hell even Toad Treasure Tracker was only developed for like a year and that has a load of unique levels.

Don't forget the ever elusive (but absolutely coming) SMT x FE. Ought to be a great exclusive rpg.

JustBeingReal said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Starfox was actually in development for 6 years on the Wii, then they moved it over to Wii U, it was stated back in June that it had been given 6-10 months development time on Wii U, so if the game comes out in late summer (before september 22nd) it would have already had another 15 months of dev time, meaning a minimum of 21 months development to release on Wii U, maybe 25 months if it launches by the end of summer, if it comes out in the fall that's even more time.

Here's an interview that talks about it:

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/10/miyamoto-says-star-fox-wii-u-has-been-in-development-for-many-years/

I have to remind you that Pikmin 3 start out life as a Wii title, didn't have a huge amount of time in the Wii U dev cycle, so it's not hard to see a quality game making a retail release on Wii U, I think the development times actually kind of mimick what's happened with Starfox and Pikmin 3 is a retail release.

Hell even Toad Treasure Tracker was only developed for like a year and that has a load of unique levels.

Hmm interesting, never knew they were planning Star Fox for the Wii.

Best exclusive line up for next year!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.