By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU exclusive retail lineup in 2015

curl-6 said:

Agreed. If what we've heard about it so far is any indication, Miyamoto is on track to butcher Starfox worse than Other M butchered Metroid.

That's where I draw the line. Nothing Miyamoto has shown is as bad as that monstrosity. Skyward sword is a better comparison.

Around the Network

I still have a feeling, I'm sorry to say, that "Star Fox" is going to be utterly disappointing and mired in stupid gimmicks and game ideas again, instead of just being........you know.....the STAR FOX game many of us have wanted for well over a decade. I love Miyamoto, but I have no idea why he took it upon himself to be so personally involved in the project. I just want a game that even comes close to living up to SF64, but with more content and obviously HD graphics. That is what a good SF game would/should be.

And I really feel that is not going to be what it is. What will it wind up being? Most likely, some silly bullshit where you have to aim by moving the controller around, along with a bunch of tacked-on mini-game BS. At least that is my fear.

I could be totally off base, and it could be the very SF game I've been wanting, and be amazing. I just have a strong feeling it will not be. *sigh*

DevilRising said:
I still have a feeling, I'm sorry to say, that "Star Fox" is going to be utterly disappointing and mired in stupid gimmicks and game ideas again, instead of just being........you know.....the STAR FOX game many of us have wanted for well over a decade. I love Miyamoto, but I have no idea why he took it upon himself to be so personally involved in the project. I just want a game that even comes close to living up to SF64, but with more content and obviously HD graphics. That is what a good SF game would/should be.

And I really feel that is not going to be what it is. What will it wind up being? Most likely, some silly bullshit where you have to aim by moving the controller around, along with a bunch of tacked-on mini-game BS. At least that is my fear.

I could be totally off base, and it could be the very SF game I've been wanting, and be amazing. I just have a strong feeling it will not be. *sigh*

I'm right there with you. Everything we've heard so far suggests he's using the Starfox brand as a trojan horse for a bunch of awful Gamepad gimmicks.

One look at his Project Giant Robot at this year's E3 pretty much confirms he's well and truly lost his touch.

Guys, don't forget about Pokken Fighters! I'm willing to bet that it will come to WiiU sometime next year

Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird. 

Want:

Captain Toad
Mario Maker
Yoshi
Splatoon
Starfox
Zelda

Might want:
Devil's Third