By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has discontinued the gamecube adapter!

tak13 said:
AZWification said:

Obviously the most logical thing to do!

Nintendo might wants to push the gamecube style wii u Fightpads!:P

:P

That GameCube-like controller looks pretty nice, so I would be OK with them discouting the GC adapter in that case!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I seriously doubt this is true. I don't exaggerate when I say, if it weren't for the Gamecube adapter, I probably wouldn't have bought Smash Bros on the Wii U at all.

If they're going to replace it with that controller in the above posts, that'd be OK then.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

AZWification said:
tak13 said:
AZWification said:

Obviously the most logical thing to do!

Nintendo might wants to push the gamecube style wii u Fightpads!:P

:P

That GameCube-like controller looks pretty nice, so I would be OK with them discouting the GC adapter in that case!

Well it's just classic controllers that look like Gamecube ones :P 
I gotta get my girlfriend(boyfriend, he hates when I call him that cause I kick his butt in games xD) one of the peach.

Marford said:

I gotta get my girlfriend(boyfriend, he hates when I call him that cause I kick his butt in games xD) one of the peach.

Sure, but I like how there are many models! The Pikachu one shown here has to be my favorite!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

manny10032 said:
cycycychris said:

This is according to VGP Video Games Plus, who also delievered the new yesterday that 3 Amiibo figures are also discontinued. If anyone doesn't know who they are, they are the one of the larget independent video stores in Canada. So, I don't see them wanting to be spreading around BS on there twitter acount unless there distributor was completely serious with them. Which is who there source on the information. But it's really confusing for me that they would discontinue this so soon.

we talking about this?

if so thats a really dumb move my nintendo

Not really surprising they've done plenty of these dumb moves in the past like this ex. Xenoblade and Metroid Prime trilogy. 

Around the Network

i'd better grab one quick since this was the only thing i really needed for the u

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

This could simply be fearmongering to encourage sales of hyper-inflated GC adapters on ebay.

AZWification said:
Marford said:

Sure, but I like how there are many models! The Pikachu one shown here has to be my favorite!

LOL!I didn't quoted you this instead of others at random!HEHEHE!

How can we discontinue something we never got shipments in for? Our GameStop had several pre-orders for the adapter by itself but Nintendo has yet to ship us the adapters. I feel like Nintendo will restock these next year.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

If this is true, I don't understand what Nintendo is thinking. I'm glad I bought two when I had the chance.