By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has discontinued the gamecube adapter!

They wouldn't do that, this is there cash cow right now and every store I go to has 10-30 gamecube controllers. I do hear highly rumored that they new there would be shortages and some stores may get a hand full before Christmas but don't expect a ton more till after Xmas.

Around the Network

good thing i have them all :D

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/243315-wii-u-gamecube-controller-adapter-not-discontinued

Now I'm glad I bought two of them at Best Buy on the day of. I didn't even have to preorder.

Something...Something...Games...Something

More stock in the UK before Christmas would be great, I'd like to play Smash with GC pads with my brothers over Christmas.

Around the Network

I don't believe it.

No, I mean I literally don't believe it.

"We would like to reassure you that GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U has not been discontinued by Nintendo of Europe and we are doing everything we possibly can to meet the demand which is currently outstripping supply.

We are unable to comment specifically on individual retailer stock levels and as such we ask customers to contact their local retailers directly regarding their availability of this product. We would however like to reassure you that we are working hard to ensure that additional stock can be made available and delivered to retailers."

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/12/nintendo_dismisses_rumours_that_the_gamecube_controller_adapter_has_been_discontinued

GameCube adapters will be sold as long as there is demand for them... probably throughout most of Wii U's life and maybe beyond that.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

I wonder how much of these "discontinuing products" reports we´ve seen lately all around the internet are really true..

It makes no sense to discontinue a product, let´s say, the WiiU GC adapter/controller or Amiibos os any kind, when they´ve just lauched and it´s clear that there´s a high demand for those items.

Of course many of them went out of stock due to the incredible demand and Nintendo will need some time to re-stock them.
To me, it seems that a few retailers/websites are spreding this kind of report to justify their criminal prices for the remaining pieces available. So far, we´ve not seen anything official from Nintendo, with the exception of that small note from David Young, one that I look with a certain degree of uncertainty

I´d be great if we could hear something straight from a well-known representative, but Nintendo doesn´t seem to care much about internet gossip. I think they should.

cycycychris said:

This is according to VGP Video Games Plus, who also delievered the new yesterday that 3 Amiibo figures are also discontinued. If anyone doesn't know who they are, they are the one of the larget independent video stores in Canada. So, I don't see them wanting to be spreading around BS on there twitter acount unless there distributor was completely serious with them. Which is who there source on the information. But it's really confusing for me that they would discontinue this so soon.

Nope. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

chriscox1121 said:
nintendo rep came into Target and said they were going to be selling the adaptor and controller later on at Tqrget since we never got them to begin with.

Is that just your target specifically or all of them?

Einsam_Delphin said:
chriscox1121 said:
nintendo rep came into Target and said they were going to be selling the adaptor and controller later on at Tqrget since we never got them to begin with.

Is that just your target specifically or all of them?

All he said was that the reason that we didn't see them initially was because Target didn't want them (adaptor and GC controllers), but now they do and will start carrying them in the future.