By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF7 PS4 port is better than a remake!

Tagged games:

Agree?

Yep, FF7 port FTW! 29 17.58%

No, remake or nothing! 115 69.70%

I wanted FF8! 21 12.73%

Total:165

I thought Square Enix said they had something to announced that wasnt a port or remaster?

Again they let the world down.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network

You know if they changed anything about it art-wise, even to update it, people would riot.

Basically it's a no-win situation. They should have just left it in the past.

FVII Remake xD xD xD

It's worse than nothing. If people are so worried about how the gameplay would be hijacked by Square look at how FFX HD turned out. Let's not pretend like they're completely incompetent.

tbh im kind of happy/ok with this

TROPHYS!!! :D

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
I thought it was funny how deflated the crowd got after they found out it was just the PC port lol

Ik!  I was sitting there going "Ok when is it going to show the modern version?"  And then nothing but dispair...

The only thing I can think of that is more brutal would be if they showed the Half Life logo and then talked about a port to PS4 lol.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Eddie_Raja said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
I thought it was funny how deflated the crowd got after they found out it was just the PC port lol

Ik!  I was sitting there going "Ok when is it going to show the modern version?"  And then nothing but dispair...

The only thing I can think of that is more brutal would be if they showed the Half Life logo and then talked about a port to PS4 lol.

''We know everyone has been anticipating the itch for Half Life...well today were happy to say that HALF LIFE is coming to  Playstation 4''

-crowd goes nuts-

''We at Sony are all about the gamers,so we've teamed up with Valve to bring this addition of HALF LIFE EXCLUSIVELY to Playstation 4''

-trailer plays for HD remaster of Half Life 1- 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
Eddie_Raja said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

''We know everyone has been anticipating the itch for Half Life...well today were happy to say that HALF LIFE is coming to  Playstation 4''

-crowd goes nuts-

''We at Sony are all about the gamers,so we've teamed up with Valve to bring this addition of HALF LIFE EXCLUSIVELY to Playstation 4''

-trailer plays for HD remaster of Half Life 1- 

How funny would it be if they announced HL 1 & 2 were coming to PS4 and showed a big trailer for it.  Then, as Gabe is walking away he turns around quick and says "Oh yeah and this will be included free with HL3."  

**Rioting in the streets**

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

I think SE is experimenting.

The PSN version got a lot of sales and it is still in the top 10 classics on the PSN store. I think if the FF7 Steam port does really well on PS4, then that will be the final straw to convince SE to do a Remake. So, everyone go out and buy FF7, I know I will.

The game is coming in spring.

I'm not unhappy about getting this port, I'm unhappy with the way it was revealed.  And it's not a big announcement at all.  We've been able to play FF7 on PS2, and PS3 already.  This is not a release for the fans, as they tried to make it sound.  This is just milking the old game for the Nth time.  They should've just released it quietly, or say it's coming during PSX without teasing the fans.

My 8th gen collection