By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF7 PS4 port is better than a remake!

Tagged games:

Agree?

Yep, FF7 port FTW! 29 17.58%

No, remake or nothing! 115 69.70%

I wanted FF8! 21 12.73%

Total:165

I laughed so hard, it was amazing. The square-enix guy was so enthusiastic he was basically shouting about FF7 coming to ps4, Then we get a trailer showing the old graphics and we're all just waiting for it to change to the new graphics... but it never happens.

The biggest troll ever, Square Enix have been on fire recently.

Around the Network

I guess that was not exactly the experience the crowd was looking for but then again at least this will prevent SE from butchering the title and adding Lightning to it hahahaha xD

You do know that if you keep cranking the resolution of old games up, you might see artifacts that make the game look worse? They'd better be careful with the port.

....Said no one.

I was watching and said "Could the finally be doing this?!" But no, just another god damn port of a game that is practically even on graphing calculators at this point.

I played it several times when it released (original PC version) and I own the PS1 downloadable version

the next time I'll pay money for FF7 and play the game is when they make a proper huge budget remake

Ka-pi96 said:
tiffac said:
I guess that was not exactly the experience the crowd was looking for but then again at least this will prevent SE from butchering the title and adding Lightning to it hahahaha xD

Yep, see. A remake could have ended really badly!

that's fine with me, if they atleast try (and a "really bad" remake won't tarnish my experience with the original in any way) - just releasing the same version over and over doesn't do anything to make me buy the game again

Around the Network

I'm still disappointed, but I'll play it.

If they were to realese it with the moded textures, that would already be a big improvement

Kirin_gaming said:

If they were to realese it with the moded textures, that would already be a big improvement

I never knew the Steam version looked that much better! I will be getting it because the PS3 one is not on PS4 and this version has trophy support.

I agree. A remake would get criticized for this and that.
It's a classic. You can't make everyone happy and a remake is bound to leave some angry with the changes.

bubblegamer said:
Kirin_gaming said:

I never knew the Steam version looked that much better! I will be getting it because the PS3 one is not on PS4 and this version has trophy support.

Modded.