By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF7 PS4 port is better than a remake!

Tagged games:

 

Agree?

Yep, FF7 port FTW! 29 17.58%
 
No, remake or nothing! 115 69.70%
 
I wanted FF8! 21 12.73%
 
Total:165

Square Enix is the master troll. They destroyed tens of thousands of hearts across the world with a simple clip and some choppy english. I hate to say it but I'm proud. They got me good with that one. I was about 30 seconds away from leaping up and buying the nearest PS4 I could find. Now if it ever gets announced I'm going to wait for reviews and videos and cutscenes before I decide.

Thats the price you pay for tricking me SE.



Around the Network

This whole fiasco made me salty on a biblical level. Like, I felt as if I had turned into a pillar of ****ing salt. I already have the PS1 version on PS3, played through it last year, in no way do I want a slightly better looking version with useless trophies. I want an FF10-style remaster, and God as my witness I swear I will not buy a single SE release until that becomes available. The proverbial last straw has been dropped.



padib said:
It's worse than nothing. If people are so worried about how the gameplay would be hijacked by Square look at how FFX HD turned out. Let's not pretend like they're completely incompetent.

Well FFX HD was only a remaster, not an actual remake. This is also technically a remaster as well, so it's pretty much the same situation.



Kirin_gaming said:

If they were to realese it with the moded textures, that would already be a big improvement

 

Wow.. These pics really show just how awful FF7's graphics really are nowadays! They didn't hold up AT ALL! xD



                
       ---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Wow.. These pics really show just how awful FF7's graphics really are nowadays! They didn't hold up AT ALL! xD

lol yeah,I don't know how they compare to the top-notch graphics of that time,but they are complete crap by todays standards,specially the original meshes of the second example.But it is understandable, the game was released more than 15 years ago. 



Around the Network
Kirin_gaming said:

lol yeah,I don't know how they compare to the top-notch graphics of that time,but they are complete crap by todays standards,specially the original meshes of the second example.But it is understandable, the game was released more than 15 years ago. 

Yeah.. It's actually kinda weird how well FFVIII and FFIX ( specially FFIX) are holding up compared to poor FFVII!



                
       ---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

While I agree that it was stupid of them to make this a moderate or any scale of on stage announcement (why troll your own fans) I do think that if SE tried to alter more than just the graphics of FF7 they would fuck it up. The only thing that gets me tho, why is this taking 7+ months to port over to the PS4? Would take less time to build a psone emulator from the ground up on the PC and get it working, are SE giving this port job to 1 intern or is there some extra work going to be done to it, because that amount of time for a straight port is weird.



Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
While I agree that it was stupid of them to make this a moderate or any scale of on stage announcement (why troll your own fans) I do think that if SE tried to alter more than just the graphics of FF7 they would fuck it up. The only thing that gets me tho, why is this taking 7+ months to port over to the PS4? Would take less time to build a psone emulator from the ground up on the PC and get it working, are SE giving this port job to 1 intern or is there some extra work going to be done to it, because that amount of time for a straight port is weird.

Actually, this amount of time is normal for Square Enix. Took them 2 or 3 years to remaster FFX, took Naughty Dog at most one year (probably less) to remaster TLOU.

Some devs are just slower than others and Square Enix have proved time and time again that they are one of the slowest.



Ka-pi96 said:
ganoncrotch said:
While I agree that it was stupid of them to make this a moderate or any scale of on stage announcement (why troll your own fans) I do think that if SE tried to alter more than just the graphics of FF7 they would fuck it up. The only thing that gets me tho, why is this taking 7+ months to port over to the PS4? Would take less time to build a psone emulator from the ground up on the PC and get it working, are SE giving this port job to 1 intern or is there some extra work going to be done to it, because that amount of time for a straight port is weird.

Actually, this amount of time is normal for Square Enix. Took them 2 or 3 years to remaster FFX, took Naughty Dog at most one year (probably less) to remaster TLOU.

Some devs are just slower than others and Square Enix have proved time and time again that they are one of the slowest.


If I remember right 3 devs for 6 months than another 7 (total 10) for the other 6 months.... but that because of specific tunning torwards differents platforms.

Sony said that they could make a port of a PC game in less than 2 months with a really small team... so Yeah, SQ is taking their sweet time if they are releasing PC version with no further improvements... they had better contract 10 talented devs and made the remake on LBP3.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Pretty unnecessary considering the PS1 version should work just fine, and the differences in this one compared to the PS1 version should be neglible. And if anything, upping the native resolution of such an old game only server to highlight how crude the crude the graphics were back then compared to these days. I've experienced the resolution thing many times on PC and it's not pretty. The blurriness at least hides some of the crudeness of the graphics but doesn't disturb the experience because the game was designed for such a low resolution.