By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter V - PS4 will be only console it will EVER release on

Mr Puggsly said:
CGI-Quality said:
Mr Puggsly said:

No, it was definitely moneyhatted.

As I've said numerous times before X1 PC ports. Allowing a PC version to exist is more appealing to the developer than a true exclusive.

And as I said above, I don't care if it was or not (which you don't know, anyway), and I don't care to argue about it, either. I'm glad it's coming and will utilize the strengths of the console.

No, it was moneyhatted. Lets not play dumb, we know why Capcom has been making popular IPs into exclusives.

The trailer didn't look like a huge leap from SFIV. Being multiplat wasn't going to hurt the quality of the game.

I don't know why. Is it because they don't have the money they used to have? Square Enix and Ubisoft pretty much do the same thing, but not to the extent that Capcom does. 

Around the Network
padib said:

I prefer the x1 or gamepad for fighting games, I do not like the dualshock for fighting games.

So I'm a bit annoyed by this. I also don't want to have to buy another console just for SF, again...

Hopefully it comes out on PC and the community is larger there due to this decision.

@SFIV-3D. That version was actually awesome for a portable. The circle pad was really usable on SF, actually maybe one of my preferred controller joysticks.

What do you like the the DS4 for?

also if you so please you can always buy the and-on to have the árcade feel.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

IamAwsome said:
Mr Puggsly said:

No, it was moneyhatted. Lets not play dumb, we know why Capcom has been making popular IPs into exclusives.

The trailer didn't look like a huge leap from SFIV. Being multiplat wasn't going to hurt the quality of the game.

I don't know why. Is it because they don't have the money they used to have? Square Enix and Ubisoft pretty much do the same thing, but not to the extent that Capcom does. 

Well Square Enix sold exclusivity of Tomb Raider. I'm not sure what exclusives Ubisoft has been selling.

I understand why publishers get involved in these deals, but they don't benefit consumers.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Ninsect said:

Just announced at PSX! See title

Bullet avoided, Street Fighter stopped being relevant after SFII... so thx Capcom I guess!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

I don't see why this is such a big deal. Although I don't understand the comparisons to Tomb Raider cause TR is only a timed exclusive.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Hiku said:
greenmedic88 said:
That said, I would like some fighting game action on the PS4. None come to mind as all my fighting games are on the PS3.

I wouldn't mind playing some 1080p 60fps Street Fighter on the PS4 using the DS4 controller.

Just came out in Japan, and will on Dec 16 for US.

DAT. COVER. ART. DOE.

I think i'll get it just for that. *.*

So not on PS5? Stupid Sony. Besides, REmake and Dead Rising 3 were supposed to be exclusive, look at them.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

It seems it is a real exclusive, according to the french journalist who leaked the announcement, there wont be any Super/Deluxe or whatever edition, only updates

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Skidmore said:
IamAwsome said:
Skidmore said:
Are we going the Bayonetta 2 road again?

No, not enough backlash, and "Super Duper Mega Street Fighter V: Turbo Edition" will launch on XBO as a technically different game. 

Thats is the hope, but actually if there is some funding from Sony, won't this game be part their property? Unless capcom did an agreement, after that many copies sold we can release it for others plataforms under other name. Just adding more characters and stages and changing the name, won't make it a different game, from a patent stand point.

No, just because Sony might fund development, hell even if they co develop some parts, Sony still does not own the IP.  This specific game will be exclusive to Sony but the terms of the contract signed by both parties will determine what other iteration happens on other consoles.  Hell, there is nothing stopping MS from funding Capcom to make an exclusive version for their system if they wanted to.

Can anyone tell me why this would be any different from MS deal for Tomb Raider.  Doesn't seem like we are seeing the same level of outcry we saw with the Tomb Raider deal.  Pretty much the same parameters exist since Street Fighter is a multiplat game now made exclusive.  

There is no patent standpoint here.  Capcom owns the franchise and would never give up that ownership to Sony or any other cosole maker it would be stupid.  Instead they could add custom features and characters from Sony but that is just dressing for this game.

Mr Puggsly said:
IamAwsome said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well Square Enix sold exclusivity of Tomb Raider. I'm not sure what exclusives Ubisoft has been selling.

I understand why publishers get involved in these deals, but they don't benefit consumers.

Not necessarily full exclusives, but marketing rights and the like in exchange for developer support.