By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter V - PS4 will be only console it will EVER release on

Skidmore said:
Are we going the Bayonetta 2 road again?

No, not enough backlash, and "Super Duper Mega Street Fighter V: Turbo Edition" will launch on XBO as a technically different game. 

Around the Network
IamAwsome said:
Skidmore said:

No, not enough backlash, and "Super Duper Mega Street Fighter V: Turbo Edition" will launch on XBO as a technically different game. 

Thats is the hope, but actually if there is some funding from Sony, won't this game be part their property? Unless capcom did an agreement, after that many copies sold we can release it for others plataforms under other name. Just adding more characters and stages and changing the name, won't make it a different game, from a patent stand point.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

PwerlvlAmy said:
one of the 50 other versions will prob hit XB1

LOL, thats the thing. So they technically aren't lying.

Remember when Resident Evil 4, and Dead Rising 3 were supposed to be exclusives? Capcom aint the marrying type.

I regret making this my username, I made this name when I was 13 years old

Life could always get worse, you could be a mod for Neogaf

Mystro-Sama said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
one of the 50 other versions will prob hit XB1

LOL, thats the thing. So they technically aren't lying.

Exactly. Street Fighter 5 original version will only be on PS4. That much is true. But they never said anything about the other versions lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

I still think its stupid. game is very competetive on 360 even more than ps3. It should release on Xbox also.

My thoughts, first, this doesn't seem like the same deal as Dead Rising 3. That was MS funding and publishing it yet Capcom owned so they can do with it as they please after a time. Deep Down is a somewhat joint venture between Japan Studio and Capcom so that explains that.

This though is odd. The only reason why I could think Capcom would do it on PS4 only is because of the cross platform play. PS4 and PC gamers playing against each other, from what I know MS doesn't allow that on Xbox.

Of course you could argue that it is Sony money but they said they won't do that anymore and I believe them, most 3rd party exclusives have come from 2 ways, first they help out so ask for exclusive in return or they actually commissioned the game, so they paid for it, they own it, a developer makes it (no real different from the Dead Rising 3 deal and MS mainly, both good legit practices).

I do not think this is like the TR deal though.

Hmm, pie.

CGI-Quality said:
Mr Puggsly said:

No, it was definitely moneyhatted.

As I've said numerous times before X1 PC ports. Allowing a PC version to exist is more appealing to the developer than a true exclusive.

And as I said above, I don't care if it was or not (which you don't know, anyway), and I don't care to argue about it, either. I'm glad it's coming and will utilize the strengths of the console.

No, it was moneyhatted. Lets not play dumb, we know why Capcom has been making popular IPs into exclusives.

The trailer didn't look like a huge leap from SFIV. Being multiplat wasn't going to hurt the quality of the game.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Skidmore said:
IamAwsome said:
Skidmore said:

Thats is the hope, but actually if there is some funding from Sony, won't this game be part their property? Unless capcom did an agreement, after that many copies sold we can release it for others plataforms under other name. Just adding more characters and stages and changing the name, won't make it a different game, from a patent stand point.

This game wouldn't be a part of their property unless they publish it, and I don't see them going there. Capcom themselves did the same thing with the first Dead Rising. That game was permenant 360 exclusive, but "Dead Rising: Chop til You Drop Edition" (read: The exact same game) was released on Wii. Nintendo also did a similar thing with Batman in 2012. Sony had the marketing rights to Batman: Arkham City, but Nintendo showcased "Batman: Arkham City: Armored Edition" at E3 2012, and had exclusive marketing for it and everything. It is possible to get around moneyhats, and we will see a lot of that in this gen. 

The crossplay announcement was great and pretty much made everything better, the online will be pretty alive for a long time.