By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter V - PS4 will be only console it will EVER release on

Nice.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
CGI-Quality said:

OT: Because of cross-platform play, I highly doubt it was "moneyhatted". Then again, I don't care either way, I'm glad it's coming!

No, it was definitely moneyhatted.

As I've said numerous times before X1 PC ports. Allowing a PC version to exist is more appealing to the developer than a true exclusive.

Also, Sony can probably pay less for the moneyhat if they allow a PC version to exist.

Pretty sure the cross platform had more to do with it. Looking at FFXIV, micro doesn't like cross platform with PC/xbox.

Thanks jlmurph!

Wright said:
Multishanks said:

LMAO street fighter has not been on a nintendo console for almost two decades,

pretty sure you know he meant home console

oniyide said:

pretty sure you know he meant home console

Well, no. I wasn't aware of that.

But given the circumstances with the WiiU, I think no one would complain if "Super Street Fighter V" 3DS ever happens :P

does the pc version comes out the same time or like other capcom games 6-12months later ?

Around the Network

Maybe capcom don't want to compete with killer instinct. or maybe the xbone controller isn't very good for fighting games.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Delicious tears are delicious.

User moderated for this post -RavenXtra

Kyuu said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
one of the 50 other versions will prob hit XB1

This

Yes, we can expect the turbo ultra edition on xbox one in about 6 months. 

Microsoft did started this war however. Buying tomb raider game and now they bought Minecraft. Sony can't just stand still and watch this.

Yafea said:
It looks like sony collaborated with capcom to fund the game or am I mistaken???

http://gaminrealm.com/2013/10/20/capcom-cant-make-next-gen-fighter/

Also, Adam mentioned that Sony were woking with capcom on the project. Not sure how exactly. I think it is safe to say that Sony is deeply involved in this project, not a simple case of pay to hold the other versions of the game.

Tomb Raider as a MS exclusive makes a fair amount of sense even though it is leaving money on the table for the larger audience on the PS4.

Considering that the PS4 has Uncharted and would rather have PS4 owners buying that game rather than Tomb Raider, it also makes a fair amount of sense why they would let it go; there's very little to be gained other than a potential title that runs better on the PS4 than it does on the XBO.

I remember that the TR franchise was exclusive to the XB360 for the first couple years. It wasn't until the release of TR Underworld that the franchise finally showed up on the PS3. I remember because TR was one of the franchises I bought an XB360 for before the original Uncharted made me lose my taste for it when I realized how dated it had become.

Why Capcom agree to make Street Fighter a PS4 console exclusive (let's just say leave it off the XBO) is a mystery to me though. Money incentives from Sony obviously, but it's not like Sony is bankrolling Street Fighter V; I seriously doubt it's a huge compensation check.

But then again, like everyone is saying, there's nothing to stop Capcom from selling SF V: Annual Update #1 on the XBO unless that was a part of the deal, which would make even less sense.

(EDIT)

Wow. I had no idea Capcom was in such financial dire straits; they do need whatever Sony is paying them and it also explains why SF V is essentially using an updated version of the SF IV game engine. Capcom doesn't have the R&D budget to completely revamp the game.