By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNCHARTED 4 GAMEPLAY!

Did you liked it?

Yes 503 86.28%

No 80 13.72%

Total:583

Looks really good. One of my most anticipated games next year.

Around the Network

Only have an Xbox One so far this generation and this really makes me want a PS4, looks great!

nice

like the gunplay hope that it wasnt just for that section and the rest of the game will be filled with situations like that with loads of enemies as well as drake being solo for the majority of the time

dont think its a graphical leap that ucdf was to last gen idk if it was just the quality i watched but it looked like a PS3 game rezed up with more vegetation and larger area

dont like the whole wedding ring either would like if elena dies in this one or is single drake character relies on him being a bad ass treasurer hunter not a family man

Play Me

Zekkyou said:
Materia-Blade said:

it goes to gameplay AFTER showing the pre rendered face.

So they transitioned from pre-rendered footage to gameplay with a single flawless camera movement? Lol.

It said at the start of the live demo on the livestream that EVERYTHING was running in real-time on a PS4. ND also confirmed a few months ago that the cutscenes in UC4 will be running in real time, rather than pre-rendered like they were on the PS3.

I'm sure ND would be quite flattered that you think the close up of their character model looks so good that you thought it was pre-rendered :) That's high praise.

it's not an opinion, the downgrade was visible. and their "confirming" has no credibility, since they always say that and it's always pre rendered.

the face shown at the start of the video was more detailed than the in game one, that's why they do all they can to avoid close ups on his face during actual gameplay.

estebxx said:
_mevildan said:
It looks great, but the South African accents are really bad. Honestly, they would be unacceptable in a South African production. I was laughing every time they said something because it sounds so hokey and forced. Luckily the South African market is small and we'll play the game anyway, but man oh man. LOL. Going to watch it again just to hear those rotten accents some more.

Thats sad to hear, ND used to be very spot on with the accents, in UC3 when you go back to little Drake in Colombia the accents of the Colombians are really spot on, i was impressed and i do belive they went to cartagena to record some people. so sad to see them mees up on that regard.

Oh really I didn't know that.

It's not going to hurt the game because I guess they sound just as rotten as Leonardo DiCaprio did in Blood Diamond and most people enjoyed that. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they used that movie as a reference. Oh well...

Around the Network

Why do Uncharted reveals always start off with ''platforming'' sections when they are the most gormless platforming sections of any series in recent memory. ND have much, much to learn on this department. I take it they didn't have a copy of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition lying around the office. Grapple/rope thing seems kinda cool though.

Overall looked very pre-alpha stage. Not sure why they bothered showing it at all.

Never been an Uncharted fan but U2 was definitely the best in the series. Set pieces galore that game was. 

riderz13371 said:
Developer shows you amazing looking footage but when the game releases it looks nothing like the footage - Gamers get mad

Developer shows in game footage of an in progress game and it has some bugs and glitches - Gamers get mad and say they are disappointed.

Great. Just great.

Yeah I'm shocked at how many people seem to be dissappionted with the 15+ mnutes of gameplay footage we got. I didnt watch it live I watched the video on youtube so maybe I didn't see all the glitches and frame rate drops people are talking about but from what I saw the trailer looked GREAT! Graphics looked amazing, combat looked new and fresh, the level design looked great, the new interaction with enviorments looks like a great addition, and the stealth intergration looked good! I dont understand why people are complianing about it.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

foodfather said:
Why do Uncharted reveals always start off with ''platforming'' sections when they are the most gormless platforming sections of any series in recent memory. ND have much, much to learn on this department. I take it they didn't have a copy of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition lying around the office. Grapple/rope thing seems kinda cool though.

Overall looked very pre-alpha stage. Not sure why they bothered showing it at all.

To give people an idea of what the game will be? I mean shit let's start shitting on devs who give you early footage of their game so you can give them some feedback.

You people are so ridiculous sometimes.

SO AWESOME!!!

It looked ... pretty good. I dunno, I think I set my bar too high for what it would look like. Still pretty but not as amazing as I thought.

The gameplay looks pretty much like standard Uncharted.