By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tons of new Zelda U shown at Game Awards! What did you think?

spurgeonryan said:

Lol! Miyamoto looks like he is asleep!

Look at that gliding over the landscape!

So blurry. Clearly this is a very bad game that's running in 240p at 12fps.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
megafenix said:
awesome, the game looks incredible and the graphics are perfect for the art style. Just looking at the detailed plants and trees i can tell it looks better than the first footage we got at e3 and now we also get to see how big the world is

The textures of the rock walls don't look so great though. And when he looked out in the distance first person view, there was barely any detail at all! 

Dude, relax. This isn't the version that t's going to ship in November 2015. Keep in mind that all of these issues, like the repetitive environments, bland textures and ugly trees ae just about aesthetics.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

spurgeonryan said:
Cheebee said:

So blurry. Clearly this is a very bad game that's running in 240p at 12fps.

Now that you mention it... I will take this off my must have list for now. Wait! Look at the top right of the picture! It says click here for high quality?

I tried that, but nothing happened! So intentionally misleading. :(

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

geordash1 said:
POE said:
geordash1 said:
The best part was the view from the top of that cliff. I'm thinking the gameplay looks a bit too Skyward Swordy for me, so I hope that gets tuned up, And that better have not been an energy meter for running I spotted underneath the hearts. If so, this might just be an instant pass for me.

Yes, and please that better have not been a white horse runing. if so, this might just be an instant pass for me..... For real man? are you gonna pass on this game if it has energy meter for running'

Yes, I'll pass on this game if it incorporates a terrible gameplay mechanic that is used constantly.

Sorry, if that hurts your feelings.

ok miss the game then

Looks AMAZING! And to think, this game is just going to get BETTER AND BETTER!

Around the Network

I think it looks pretty but I really hope there are plenty of villages and towns that aren't TOO far apart. Like someone else mentioned, if it's just your horse carrying you long distances on autopilot with limited environment (besides trees) it could get tedious. I hope there are plenty of random enemies in different areas and maybe even triggered quests or optional quests that you approach depending on your path in this big world

I am personally very excited for this. My friends that play Skyrim (still to this day) will probably be very excited when I tell them.

While the style's not quite what I was hoping for, I am still pleased with how it turned out. It's the Cel and realism mix done right.

I hope it's like ALBW in terms of gameplay with "choose your own dungeon" style gameplay. That was lots of fun.

Soundwave said:
It looked nice animation wise especially on the horses but the world looked pretty empty/dull. The slow mo gyro shooting looked cool.

I guess the Skyward Sword controls got the axe, which I'm ok with (weren't accurate enough).

I'm pretty sure the only reason why SS controls aren't used is because wii mote+ + nunchuck isn't the default wii u controller.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Samus Aran said:
megafenix said:
awesome, the game looks incredible and the graphics are perfect for the art style. Just looking at the detailed plants and trees i can tell it looks better than the first footage we got at e3 and now we also get to see how big the world is

The textures of the rock walls don't look so great though. And when he looked out in the distance first person view, there was barely any detail at all! 

You sound like you have never seen a pre-alpha build in ur life... You do realise that pre-alpha =/= Release Candiate right? Of course the early builds are going to have wonky textures as well as empty sections cause those are not finished yet and that is how early builds work... They aren't entirely representitive of the final product and the point of the demo they showed wasn't to show off the graphics capability hence why they filmed it off screen instead of doing full screen. The point of the demo was to show how large the world is going to be as well some gameplay elements, if they wanted to show just pure graphics, they would have done so via many other methods. And its not like it didn't have sections that didn't look great either which for an early build is quite wonderful

THIS a thousand times.

Materia-Blade said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Samus Aran said:
megafenix said:

You sound like you have never seen a pre-alpha build in ur life... You do realise that pre-alpha =/= Release Candiate right? Of course the early builds are going to have wonky textures as well as empty sections cause those are not finished yet and that is how early builds work... They aren't entirely representitive of the final product and the point of the demo they showed wasn't to show off the graphics capability hence why they filmed it off screen instead of doing full screen. The point of the demo was to show how large the world is going to be as well some gameplay elements, if they wanted to show just pure graphics, they would have done so via many other methods. And its not like it didn't have sections that didn't look great either which for an early build is quite wonderful

THIS a thousand times.

Most Wii U games have changed little from their first reveal trailer, so I doubt it will change much like you guys think. Only exception I can think off is Yoshi's Woolly World. 

Twilight Princess was an ugly looking game for the Gamecube and Skyward Sword was an ugly looking game for the Wii. Luckily the gameplay from TP was very good, so I have no doubt that the gameplay aspect of Zelda U will also be of high quality (I hated Skyward Sword though). When's the last time the Zelda team pushed a console to its limit? Maybe Majora's Mask, I'm not familiar with N64 games.