By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tons of new Zelda U shown at Game Awards! What did you think?

awesome, the game looks incredible and the graphics are perfect for the art style. Just looking at the detailed plants and trees i can tell it looks better than the first footage we got at e3 and now we also get to see how big the world is

Around the Network
megafenix said:
awesome, the game looks incredible and the graphics are perfect for the art style. Just looking at the detailed plants and trees i can tell it looks better than the first footage we got at e3 and now we also get to see how big the world is

The textures of the rock walls don't look so great though. And when he looked out in the distance first person view, there was barely any detail at all! 

etking said:
The world seems to be very small compared to Xenoblade or Skyrim, especially since you cannot zoom out more on the map. The most important thing is that the game does not look as childish as A Link between Worlds so far.

First things first, no one is comparing this to Xenoblade. That whole map they showed is one area in Xenoblade. 

Samus Aran said:
megafenix said:

The textures of the rock walls don't look so great though. And when he looked out in the distance first person view, there was barely any detail at all! 

You sound like you have never seen a pre-alpha build in ur life... You do realise that pre-alpha =/= Release Candiate right? Of course the early builds are going to have wonky textures as well as empty sections cause those are not finished yet and that is how early builds work... They aren't entirely representitive of the final product and the point of the demo they showed wasn't to show off the graphics capability hence why they filmed it off screen instead of doing full screen. The point of the demo was to show how large the world is going to be as well some gameplay elements, if they wanted to show just pure graphics, they would have done so via many other methods. And its not like it didn't have sections that didn't look great either which for an early build is quite wonderful

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Clyde32 said:
etking said:
The world seems to be very small compared to Xenoblade or Skyrim, especially since you cannot zoom out more on the map. The most important thing is that the game does not look as childish as A Link between Worlds so far.

First things first, no one is comparing this to Xenoblade. That whole map they showed is one area in Xenoblade. 

I think you're drastically misremembering Xenoblade. X, perhaps, but it's too early to make that call.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Clyde32 said:
etking said:

I think you're drastically misremembering Xenoblade. X, perhaps, but it's too early to make that call.

Nah, dude, it's the truth. I doubt the first area is the biggest one in Xenoblade X, and even that one is comparable. Xenoblade is faster to traverse though because you can run faster than a horse can. 

So much butthurt haters all over the internet about this new video, it's hilarious.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

spurgeonryan said:
Clyde32 said:
etking said:

Well we are a year away, and does it have to compare to Xenoblade or Skyrim?

Exactly. It doesn't.

Cheebee said:
So much butthurt haters all over the internet about this new video, it's hilarious.

What did you expect? It's a zelda game, there will always be haters.

Clyde32 said:
Cheebee said:

What did you expect? It's a zelda game, there will always be haters.

I know, it's exactly what I expected, so much funny deliciousness.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046