By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Tell all your friends about VG Chartz

VG is pretty known on n4g.com, and that is pretty BIG portal.
also sometimes is mentioned on gametrailers in forums.
so, most people who are interested in sales already signed. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

I got 5 people to join! However, that was before this topic was made.

Just one thing that should be addresed ,the new design doesnt work with the PSP and PS3 browsers .This is important as I use a lot the PSP and PS3 to access the site .

I have experienced with the PSp and all the text and graphics appear in one column to the right of the screen making it illegible of course .With the PS3 I havent experienced but usually it has problems in the same pages as the PSP as they share more or less the browser configuration so I suppose it will have problems too .

ioi said:

Better features are coming anyway (I listed a number in the original post didn't I??) - the point is that the more the site grows the more things we can implement, the more people I can take on to help, the more data we can get and so on.

More members = more leads, more popularity, more clout to talk to people we need to talk to, more respect, more interest etc.

What is so difficult to understand? If ten people visited this site every day do you think it would exist? If 20 million visited it then do you not think we could easily be approaching the size and professionalism of the major tracking services?

VG$ refferer bonus. If somebody signs up with a reffer link of a user, give him 100$ :)

So I've been tracking VGChartz on Alexa for some time. Looks like we are mostly hovering inside the 10,000 top sites on the internet. We even managed a top 8000 for a day or two.

TheSimExchange: 92,694
VGChartz: 9,061
GoNintendo.com : 8,560
NeoGAF: 3,843
Joystiq: 3,149
Kotaku.com: 1,376
IGN: 153
GameFAQs: 121

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

Gamespot quotes its numbers alot too! all tell people for a dollar! yep give me a buck then I can get a cheeseburger and I'll sing all about this site!
see iam cheep! Just kidding I do already! Just go to other forums and use the #'s thingy in your post's peeps get curious and come and see the flame wars!
Not by me though Iam not a fanboy! SURE.

Just_Ben said:
ioi said:

Better features are coming anyway (I listed a number in the original post didn't I??) - the point is that the more the site grows the more things we can implement, the more people I can take on to help, the more data we can get and so on.

More members = more leads, more popularity, more clout to talk to people we need to talk to, more respect, more interest etc.

What is so difficult to understand? If ten people visited this site every day do you think it would exist? If 20 million visited it then do you not think we could easily be approaching the size and professionalism of the major tracking services?

VG$ refferer bonus. If somebody signs up with a reffer link of a user, give him 100$ :)

That works until people start making fake accounts to increase their VG$s.

To Each Man, Responsibility

My friends would look at me like I'm crazy.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I would, but none, not a single one of my friends speak english.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

I have vgchartz on my signature on gametrailers, and I often tell them to head to this site ioi. I love this site, and I tell my friends at high school to visit it, but they think Im a video game freak. Well watever, Im happy with the continuing success of vgchartz.

mM