By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bigger Moneyhatted exclusive: Tomb Raider or Street Fighter?

Street Fighter V. No one will care about Tomb Raider after beating it. Street Fighter on the other hand will last at least a generation through online and tournaments.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
DonFerrari said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Well SF V is coming to PC right? so technically that automatically not an exclusive though  

*of course this is assuming the leak is right

I thought that around here we ignored PC versions for warz list =p

What you think tips the scale more, 6 month exclusivity or "eternal" console exclusivity (can't put a timeframe because it could be only one version or all, but if it's just one version then 6 month exclusivity vs 1y console exclusivity would be kind equivalent)?

Well we don't actually know if Tomb Raider is coming to PS. So I can't really judge it yet. 

Judge based on what I put =p ... but yeah, it makes more sense for MS to buy exclusivity of TR and Sony on SF than the opposite.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
kinisking said:
Well the street fighter 5 ultra edition will come out for the good old xbone a year's later so I don't really care. Besides ms has a exclusive fighting series, doesn't really need Street fighter as much. However Street fighter is a bigger franchise. I do like tomb raider more however. They both have good points

By that you mean that KI against SFV is stronger than UC against TR?

interesting... i think TR can stand in good foot against UC, TR will most likely loses, but TR is able to give a fight to UC.

KL vs SFV's another story ... SF simply destroys KL, the thing is simply incomparable, SF is the peak of the fighting games now! KL is reasonable but does not reach the feet of Guilty Gears: XRD and probably will not reach the feet of SFV!

Why do so many of you not know how the deal MS has with CD and SE work? They did not simply buy the timed exclusivity. They have a deal in place. MS helps with this and that for development, then Xbox gets it first.

Manlytears said:
DonFerrari said:
kinisking said:
Well the street fighter 5 ultra edition will come out for the good old xbone a year's later so I don't really care. Besides ms has a exclusive fighting series, doesn't really need Street fighter as much. However Street fighter is a bigger franchise. I do like tomb raider more however. They both have good points

By that you mean that KI against SFV is stronger than UC against TR?

interesting... i think TR can stand in good foot against UC, TR will most likely loses, but TR is able to give a fight to UC.

KL vs SFV's another story ... SF simply destroys KL, the thing is simply incomparable, SF is the peak of the fighting games now! KL is reasonable but does not reach the feet of Guilty Gears: XRD and probably will not reach the feet of SFV!

Uhnnn not sure TR is that close to UC, but I will agree it iis quite the good game, at least a lot closer to UC than KI is to SFV (in all aspects, but even if only looking at fame it would already do laps around it).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Tomb Raider

Well i'd say Tomb Raider cause so many people were "disgusted" by MS for times exclusivity whereas everyone is cool with SF exclusivity. Get the sarcasm? Its right there for obvious reasons.

Tomb Raider is confirmed timed exclusive. It very well could make its way to PS4, especially since t h sts the camp most TR fans reside in.

SFV is s good score. good grabs for both sides really.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Carl2291 said:
Street Fighter 4 sold more than Tomb Raider

Street Fighter is the biggest 3rd party fighter on the market, which Microsoft (currently) have no real counter to. Tomb Raider, while brilliant, is easily countered by Uncharted 4.

Street Fighter is the bigger deal here.

This. All of this.

Thanks jlmurph!

The funny thing is SONY would not money hat in there current situation, so this thread is fail