By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bigger Moneyhatted exclusive: Tomb Raider or Street Fighter?

JayWood2010 said:
Both great games, Both well known. Idc if theyre moneyhatted or not to be honest. Both will likely be timed exclusives and ill be buying both on the first platform they come out for. No reason to be up in arms. I do believe both companies needed the money to justify developement

I second this sentiment,

regardless of the end result, or which is more "money hatted" were progressing to a point where games cost so much to make that unless a studio is doing extremely well or has financial backing, games wont come.

i will be buying tomb raider on xbox one and sfv on ps4, if tomb raider eventually releases on ps4 and has enough worthwhile differences ill double dip, if not then no real loss.

To put it another way, I would rather a game be money hatted and released, then not released at all, or significantly impacted in quality or release timeframe from lack of funding.

Does it suck if you dont have the console a game gets released on? sure, but theres enough great games on each of the three platforms to make purchasing each of them at some point this generation worthwhile, so even if you dont get to play a game when its released, its still there waiting to be enjoyed somewhere down the line.

Around the Network

Non-sony fans at least get a chance to play it on PC. TR is restricted to Xbox. I would say TR is more only by that fact. I don't condone either move honestly.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I think both these games have importance to each company. For Xb1 it's something to (and I know its not nearly the same but) go up against Uncharted and PS4 needs something to help along the Japanese market a bit.

Neither is particularly big titles so I would say meh to both

Tomb Raider was first announced for all platforms and then made exclusive, which crosses the line.

Exclusives should either be produced by first party studios or games that would not have happened otherwise like Bayonetta 2.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network

Both are terrible for consumers, but that's just the way the industry is. Neither Sony nor Microsoft are white horses, and this proves it.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Tomb raider is not a series that is a must play for me and I have no interest in fighting games. I'm honestly surprised that devs today would agree to exclusivity but it's good for consoles though. I don't understand why some people are getting worked up over it. Exclusives are a console's lifeblood and they need them to differentiate themselves from the competition.

I think TR will have more impact because the previous installment was really accepted well by the gaming community while Street Fighter took some heat with their Super Mega Ultra or whatever editions Capcom keeps putting out. lol!

And didn't Street Fighter IV sold better on the PS3 than the 360? I think that's already a good gauge of nothing will change much with the SF exclusivity.

well TR is going to other systems, but can we say SF is going to ONE?

Abaddon said:
Well i'd say Tomb Raider cause so many people were "disgusted" by MS for times exclusivity whereas everyone is cool with SF exclusivity. Get the sarcasm? Its right there for obvious reasons.

Please don't speak for me and all the other people who have done no such thing. I am a Sony fan and I expressed my disappointment in both cases. I find this an absolutely terrible practice. Then again, it hasn't even been announced yet, so I'll wait for details. Also, if it turns out to be a Bayonetta 2/Titanfall scenario, then I don't think it's as bad.