By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is this going to be a clear one sided generation for the PS4?

PS4 will also be ahead, by a lot in US, SFV will help very much

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Pavolink said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

PS4: 170-180 M
XO: 40-50 M
WiiU: 30-40 M

PS4 will probabily outsell 2:1 both console combinet, so, yep, this is PS4 generation in sales, but in games i prefer Wii U.

Ahahahahahaahahahahaha

You are so funny! I like you!

And you stink

Really, a funny guy! hahahaha

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Absolute! And the magic words are: realistic and cinematic! You hear that Nintendo, stop the cuteness and cartoony looks...

Ka-pi96 said:
V-r0cK said:
This makes me wonder because wasn't Capcom company up for sale few months ago and we had threads about who should buy them etc..so why didn't MS buy them and prevented SF5 exclusive from happening and couldve made it reversed. But I guess Minecraft was more important.

Nope, they were never up for sale. The only thing that happened was they never renewed their protections on getting bought out. Since it's now possible they could get bought plenty of people started saying who should buy them and what not, but it is very unlikely that anything actually comes of it.

If Microsoft want to buy capcom it dosn't automatically mean capcom would accept

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Seeing it dominate +70% in many markets already, at current price and with the library being what it is.

It will only dominate even more later on, just imagine European sales when its price hits half of what it is now and with GT MGS Uncharted FF15 GTA out on it.  Maybe 90% market share.  

Around the Network

The PS4 will easily stay #1 this generation worldwide, but not to the same extent as the PS2!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I stand my my prediction made in 2013: 100-120m PS4, and 30-50m X1. You decide if that is one sided.

AZWification said:

The PS4 will easily stay #1 this generation worldwide, but not to the same extent as the PS2!

It will be the PS1 era all over again.  PS4 is the PSOne, X1 is the N64, and Wii U is the Sega Saturn.

Now there is a chance next-gen will bring about another PS2 era though...

Captain_Tom said:
I stand my my prediction made in 2013: 100-120m PS4, and 30-50m X1. You decide if that is one sided.

I think the PS4 will do the 100 million WW, but I also think the the XB1 will do 60+ Million with the WiiU doing 30 million.  

That gives the PS4 about 53% of the market.  That is definitely a controlling share and pretty much one sided.

The probablem is, that Developers are not going to exclude the XB1 to publish games.  Just the opposite.  Sony will have no need to continue to moneyhat games like Street Fighter.  All 3rd party games will come to their platform unless M$ buys 3rd party exclusivety.  There is no reason that developers won't port games or develop them for XB1, as even 60 million is a large enough user base to sell to.  Porting a game over from the PS4 will be easy enough.

We don't have the whole story on Street Fighter.  There is no reason for it to be PS4 only, unless Sony paid for it to be that way.

It is near the end of the end....

Landguy said:
Captain_Tom said:

I think the PS4 will do the 100 million WW, but I also think the the XB1 will do 60+ Million with the WiiU doing 30 million.  

That gives the PS4 about 53% of the market.  That is definitely a controlling share and pretty much one sided.

The probablem is, that Developers are not going to exclude the XB1 to publish games.  Just the opposite.  Sony will have no need to continue to moneyhat games like Street Fighter.  All 3rd party games will come to their platform unless M$ buys 3rd party exclusivety.  There is no reason that developers won't port games or develop them for XB1, as even 60 million is a large enough user base to sell to.  Porting a game over from the PS4 will be easy enough.

We don't have the whole story on Street Fighter.  There is no reason for it to be PS4 only, unless Sony paid for it to be that way.

You see I expect this gen to be quite a bit shorter than the last.  5-6 years at most.

-The PS4 is selling as fast if not faster than the Wii as of now, and should have longer legs.  However I think the PS5 will come out within 4-5 years so I don't really expect it to get much past 100m.

-The X1 is selling as well as the 360 right now (A little better), or MUCH lower if you remove the frontloaded sales of 2013.  I also expect the X1's sales to drop off faster than the PS4's because they will run out of room for price drops WAY sooner, and frankly I think this is the best holiday they will have in terms of their exclusives being more competitive than Sony's.  So that is why I see it topping out at 50m at most.

-The Wii U however has and still is on a straight trajectory to hit 15-25m.  I mean this will probably be their best year, with next year maybe coming close if they can bring the entry price down to $150 with a few great games like Paper Mario.  This thing will also probably be succeeded by the Nintendo HD or whatever within 3 years.