By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is this going to be a clear one sided generation for the PS4?

Yes, long story short.

But, the question is will Sony hang on to its thread of life? (Hint: the answer is most likely yes)

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network

Some of the posts in here are comical.
X1 will end up winning US and UK.
PS4 will end up ahead worldwide

Both will be perceived as success and profitable for MS and Sony.

Wii U will have to scratch and claw to make it to 25 million. It will likely be at right around 9M after 2 years on the market with 2014 likely its best year of its life. Simple averaging over a 5 year life span puts it at about 22.5 million. With expected declining sales 20 million wouldnt be a surprise.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

thx1139 said:

Wii U will have to scratch and claw to make it to 25 million. It will likely be at right around 9M after 2 years on the market with 2014 likely its best year of its life. Simple averaging over a 5 year life span puts it at about 22.5 million. With expected declining sales 20 million wouldnt be a surprise.

You seem to be the one that is comical.  Given the fire sale it took for the X1 to out sale the PS4 in NA (alleged as no ndp yet), it has no chance at all to ever take majority of the market.  Unless you find it realistic for MS to maintain from now about a 250ish X1 value through bundeling  ?

LordLichtenstein said:
PS4: 140 million
One: 85 million
WiiU: 40 million

Where exactly will X1 sale all that if PS4 sale that much as in order for PS4 to do so well it must eat a hell of a lot of X1 sales in Xs best markets ? and wiiu doing taht is mathematically impossible given its sales over the last 2 years.

Demesne said:
thx1139 said:

You seem to be the one that is comical.  Given the fire sale it took for the X1 to out sale the PS4 in NA (alleged as no ndp yet), it has no chance at all to ever take majority of the market.  Unless you find it realistic for MS to maintain from now about a 250ish X1 value through bundeling  ?

So can I say that Sony can I say the PS4 was sold for $290 during BF weekend because of GTAV/TLOUR because of bundling?  MS can keep the price at $349/$449 ($50 discount) in 2015. After all if Sony in thier financial state could drop the PS3 $100 per year the first 3 years of its life MS can drop $50 and do periodic bundles (after all they did the same with X360 every single year).  So I stand by  my thought that the X1 will ultimatly win US and UK.

What I find comical that people think that the PS4 will do anywhere near what the PS1 or PS2. The competitive landscape is vastly different and I dont believe that year over year it will double the X1 sales. I also find it comical that people think the Wii U will make any sort of comeback.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
Demesne said:
Metroid33slayer said:
Demesne said:

Seeing it dominate +70% in many markets already, at current price and with the library being what it is.

It will only dominate even more later on, just imagine European sales when its price hits half of what it is now and with GT MGS Uncharted FF15 GTA out on it.  Maybe 90% market share.  

Ninety percent marketshare lol! Ok lets just hypothetically say the lifetime sales of xboxone reach 55m and 20m for wii u then the ps4 would need to sell a minimum of 675m to achieve a marketshare of 90%. I think someone has escaped from the asylum.

~ Mod Edit ~

This user was moderated by TruckOSaurus.

X1 will never hit that, a little over half is more realistic.  In Europe 90% is really not that far fetched, wiiu sales are plain bad and X1 is irrelevant everyhwere but UK.  PS4 at a lower price and some big software will steam roll then there.  

The guy mixed a claim of 90% in europe for WW... same as people who mix globally with us.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Microsoft has Minecraft which was the third biggest multiplatform game of last generation on consoles.

sweetoothj said:
Microsoft has Minecraft which was the third biggest multiplatform game of last generation on consoles.

And it came to PS4 first.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Eddie_Raja said:
sweetoothj said:

And it came to PS4 first.

Soon the inevitable sequal won't. A lot of people will purchase an xbox one to play minecraft 2 or w/e they call it.

Yes, it will be.