By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Tweets about Paper Mario 5 but deletes it quickly!Update: It is now listed on Walmart!

Paper Mario+HD yeah I want it now!

Around the Network

It's fake for sure, sorry guys.

Nintendo would never leak a game by this, and also why would it be called "Paper Mario 5", even if it's just a tentative title, Nintendo has never gone with numbers for Paper Mario (Paper Mario 64 doesn't count).

Fake or not, I wouldn't be surprised if Paper Mario WiiU gets announced at E3 2015! 

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

tbone51 said:

If SM3DW isnt a 3D Mario, the Galaxy Games arent either. They are more similar than Galaxies are to 64/Sunshine. I mean do we have to be 110% technical here? SM3DW is a 3D Platformer, thus a 3D Mario. There is no way around this...... But i guess we'll never agree!?

Saying SM3DW is a 3d mario game is like saying chinatown wars is a 3d gta game. They both use 3d models, they both allow you to move in any direction but both are viewed from a camera angle that is from an isometrice/topdown perspective. Yes technically they both ARE 3d, but it'd be misleading to call either a 3d mario game or a 3d gta game. It's a good game for co-op but it's no where close to the level of 64/sunsine/galaxy in terms of a singleplayer experience. I sincerely hope nintendo does not intend to start milking this 3dland series like they do the new super mario bros series.

I hope the next Paper Mario is closer to the first 2, I didn't really enjoy super paper mario.

Barkley said:
tbone51 said:

If SM3DW isnt a 3D Mario, the Galaxy Games arent either. They are more similar than Galaxies are to 64/Sunshine. I mean do we have to be 110% technical here? SM3DW is a 3D Platformer, thus a 3D Mario. There is no way around this...... But i guess we'll never agree!?

Saying SM3DW is a 3d mario game is like saying chinatown wars is a 3d gta game. They both use 3d models, they both allow you to move in any direction but both are viewed from a camera angle that is from an isometrice/topdown perspective. Yes technically they both ARE 3d, but it'd be misleading to call either a 3d mario game or a 3d gta game. It's a good game for co-op but it's no where close to the level of 64/sunsine/galaxy in terms of a singleplayer experience. I sincerely hope nintendo does not intend to start milking this 3dland series like they do the new super mario bros series.

I hope the next Paper Mario is closer to the first 2, I didn't really enjoy super paper mario.

To compare an isometric POV to top down is nonsensical and a false comparison, not to mention there are many, many points where SM3DW does not have an isometric POV. Even the main camera angle you get in the game can only really loosely be defined as isometric. When people start questioning the 3Dness of SM3DW it makes me question whether they ex played it. It's a 3D game, get over it. You may not like the game, but that doesn't change the fact it's 3D.

Also, I prefer Super Paper Mario to the first 2 in the series, but that's probably due to my aversion to turn-based combat.

Around the Network
Meelow said:
It's fake for sure, sorry guys.

Nintendo would never leak a game by this, and also why would it be called "Paper Mario 5", even if it's just a tentative title, Nintendo has never gone with numbers for Paper Mario (Paper Mario 64 doesn't count).

didn't mario maker leak?

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

So when did Paper Mario 3 and 4 come out?

Nintendo, actually make it an rpg this time, don't do what you did with Sticker Star.

Really hope its like the 3 good Paper Mario games

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

So its Paper Mario's Fault? 2 Different Games....

That said SM3DW is a 3D Mario, SM3DL is a 3D Mario. I get we want a Galaxy/64 successor but we obviously aint getting it so soon^

No, it absolutely isn't Paper Mario's fault, and no, 3D World/Land are not 3D Marios. They're isometric Mario's. Them being rendered three dimentions doesn't change that. That's like saying Tropical Freeze is a 3D Donkey Kong just because it's rendered in 3D. You move on a limited 2D plain in TF, so it's a 2D platformer. You move on a limited octi-directional isometric plain in 3DW/L, so they are isometric platformers. You move in an unlimited 3D plain in 64/Sunshine/Galaxy1-2, so they are 3D playformers. This isn't rocket science.

I'm not qualifying these games, I'm catagorizing them. 3D World isn't a lesser or worse game just because it's not a true 3D platformer. I don't get why people get so defensive. Calling 3D World a 3D platformer, from a game design perspective, is completely incorrect. It's not. It's isometric. It may as well be Super Mario RPG rendered in 3D. It's the same thing, just a different genre.

It's not even called "3D" World and Land because of it's dementions. It's called 3D world/Land because the 3DS's added "3D effect" features were being marketed with this game. World wasn't trying to market any Wii U features, and it would be stupid to name the Wii U sequel Super Mario HD Land, so the just kept the World/Land console/handheld relationship made with the original Super Mario World/Land.

You just made me want a Super Mario RPG sequel/remake developed with 3D World's engine... :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---