By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Tweets about Paper Mario 5 but deletes it quickly!Update: It is now listed on Walmart!

tbone51 said:

So its Paper Mario's Fault? 2 Different Games....

That said SM3DW is a 3D Mario, SM3DL is a 3D Mario. I get we want a Galaxy/64 successor but we obviously aint getting it so soon^

No, it absolutely isn't Paper Mario's fault, and no, 3D World/Land are not 3D Marios. They're isometric Mario's. Them being rendered three dimentions doesn't change that. That's like saying Tropical Freeze is a 3D Donkey Kong just because it's rendered in 3D. You move on a limited 2D plain in TF, so it's a 2D platformer. You move on a limited octi-directional isometric plain in 3DW/L, so they are isometric platformers. You move in an unlimited 3D plain in 64/Sunshine/Galaxy1-2, so they are 3D playformers. This isn't rocket science.

I'm not qualifying these games, I'm catagorizing them. 3D World isn't a lesser or worse game just because it's not a true 3D platformer. I don't get why people get so defensive. Calling 3D World a 3D platformer, from a game design perspective, is completely incorrect. It's not. It's isometric. It may as well be Super Mario RPG rendered in 3D. It's the same thing, just a different genre.

It's not even called "3D" World and Land because of it's dementions. It's called 3D world/Land because the 3DS's added "3D effect" features were being marketed with this game. World wasn't trying to market any Wii U features, and it would be stupid to name the Wii U sequel Super Mario HD Land, so the just kept the World/Land console/handheld relationship made with the original Super Mario World/Land.

Around the Network
OfficerRaichu15 said:
Clyde32 said:
Alright, let me just say this right now, I want this game to happen really bad. And if this game was announced at TGA, then I would be super happy.

But that article you gave me dates back to September 30th, before project STEAM was announced.

project steam was announced in june?

it was just posted today and that other article is about a wii u project XD NOT 3DS

I meant 2013. 

Dulfite said:

I will be HAPPY about that. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the concept of 3d mario games, but there is no STORY in them, there is no HUMOR in them, and their is no RIDICULOUS dialogue in them that Paper Mario has. Oh how I want PM5 so badly!!!!!!!!!

The only thing stopping 3D Mario from having a story is Nintendo themselves. I get the sentiment, though.

spemanig said:
tbone51 said:

So its Paper Mario's Fault? 2 Different Games....

That said SM3DW is a 3D Mario, SM3DL is a 3D Mario. I get we want a Galaxy/64 successor but we obviously aint getting it so soon^

No, it absolutely isn't Paper Mario's fault, and no, 3D World/Land are not 3D Marios. They're isometric Mario's. Them being rendered three dimentions doesn't change that. That's like saying Tropical Freeze is a 3D Donkey Kong just because it's rendered in 3D. You move on a limited 2D plain in TF, so it's a 2D platformer. You move on a limited octi-directional isometric plain in 3DW/L, so they are isometric platformers. You move in an unlimited 3D plain in 64/Sunshine/Galaxy1-2, so they are 3D playformers. This isn't rocket science.

I'm not qualifying these games, I'm catagorizing them. 3D World isn't a lesser or worse game just because it's not a true 3D platformer. I don't get why people get so defensive. Calling 3D World a 3D platformer, from a game design perspective, is completely incorrect. It's not. It's isometric. It may as well be Super Mario RPG rendered in 3D. It's the same thing, just a different genre.

It's not even called "3D" World and Land because of it's dementions. It's called 3D world/Land because the 3DS's added "3D effect" features were being marketed with this game. World wasn't trying to market any Wii U features, and it would be stupid to name the Wii U sequel Super Mario HD Land, so the just kept the World/Land console/handheld relationship made with the original Super Mario World/Land.

If SM3DW isnt a 3D Mario, the Galaxy Games arent either. They are more similar than Galaxies are to 64/Sunshine. I mean do we have to be 110% technical here? SM3DW is a 3D Platformer, thus a 3D Mario. There is no way around this...... But i guess we'll never agree!?

DONT DO THIS TO ME. IF THIS IS FAKE I WILL FLIP. THIS BETTER BE TRUE. THIS BETTER GET ANNOUNCED ON THE GAME AWARDS 2014.

nice

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Dulfite said:

I will be HAPPY about that. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the concept of 3d mario games, but there is no STORY in them, there is no HUMOR in them, and their is no RIDICULOUS dialogue in them that Paper Mario has. Oh how I want PM5 so badly!!!!!!!!!

The only thing stopping 3D Mario from having a story is Nintendo themselves. I get the sentiment, though.

Paper Mario and M&L games were essentially Nintendo's way to produce stories. Even I have to admit (sadly) that it is highly unlikely Nintendo will ever put a real story in their mainstream Mario games because they feel that would make kids less interested in them. I guess I'm cursed by being the Harry Potter generation (I was like 7 when they came out and grew up reading each one) so I'm just used to everything I enjoy having a good story in it and don't understand things like angry birdsl...

tbone51 said:

If SM3DW isnt a 3D Mario, the Galaxy Games arent either. They are more similar than Galaxies are to 64/Sunshine. I mean do we have to be 110% technical here? SM3DW is a 3D Platformer, thus a 3D Mario. There is no way around this...... But i guess we'll never agree!?

No they aren't. That isn't even close to true. Even if we were only being 1% technical, SM3DW is an isometric plaformer and not a 3D platformer. There is no way around fact. There's nothing to agree on. You don't need to agree that 2+2=4 for 2+2 to equal 4. That's just what it is. A game almost exactly like 3D World would have been possible on the SNES, rendered completely in 2D, because it's ISOMETRIC. They could have done it all with 2D sprites, and 90% of the levels in the games would have been unchanged. The 3D Mario's aren't possible on a 2D only system like the SNES, because it's impossible to correctly replicate that kind of gameplay in 2D. No amount of mode 7 would change that.

Dulfite said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Guys! Look! We are Famous! Another site is using this thread as a source! (Thanks uran10)

http://playeressence.com/rumor-paper-mario-5-might-be-in-development-for-the-wii-u/

ERMAGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE'RE FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!

nice

I've got to get some water, because this grain of salt is huge.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

As long as it's not like Super Paper Mario, we should be good.. Sticker Star wasn't even that bad to compare, but TTYD definitely had the best of everything. If Nintendo can top off TTYD, then it'll simply become my second favorite game of all time, and 5 being my first..