By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - what cosole are u buying GTA IV on?

jake_the_fake1 said:

I frankly don't care about DLC, especially when you have to buy it, I'll just stick with what ever comes on the disk and enjoy it for what it's worth, now if that same DLC eventually becomes free then I may consider it, but again on the PS3 cuz I dislike being charged twice for my internet.

How would you get charged twice? You can get DLC with a Silver XBL account. I guess you were misinformed.

As for me the DLC is a big deal because I love being a completionist. Plus you always get that empty feeling once you get 100% completion in a GTA game. I would love to have new challenges afterwards. 

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

PC

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad
MikeB said:
@ Starcraft

So other than you thinking people with both platforms should get the 360 version, are you going to buy GTA IV for the 360? (Getting the PS3 version myself, of course, no RRoD and other problems for me ever again)

Ever again?  Did you used to own a 360?

Yeah I'll be buying GTAIV, the question is do I get the collector's edition or not.  There are many that just enjoy playing around in the GTA world, but even these people would get some benefit out of the added areas that will arrive in the full game on the Xbox 360. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

smbu2000 said:
360, no doubt about it. Even if I had a PS3, I'd still get the 360 version. Extra content FTW!

LOL, the game is 100 hours single player PLUS it has multiplayer, why do you need extra content? (unless it's free, of course)

I seriously doubt I can even get into GTA's multiplayer before MGS4 comes out. Actually I'm pretty sure I can't even finish GTAIV single player before MGS4 comes out.

Now to the OP, I'm have the PS3 Special Edition on pre-order.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Xbox 360 - yeah Omac, the RRoD thing is so blown out of proportion.

Around the Network
Goddbless said:
jake_the_fake1 said:

I frankly don't care about DLC, especially when you have to buy it, I'll just stick with what ever comes on the disk and enjoy it for what it's worth, now if that same DLC eventually becomes free then I may consider it, but again on the PS3 cuz I dislike being charged twice for my internet.

How would you get charged twice? You can get DLC with a Silver XBL account. I guess you were misinformed.

As for me the DLC is a big deal because I love being a completionist. Plus you always get that empty feeling once you get 100% completion in a GTA game. I would love to have new challenges afterwards.

But he cannot play GTAIV multiplayer without paying Microsoft's XBL Gold greedy tax... I much rather have multiplayer for free than pay for 20 more hours of single player quests on top of the already long 100 hours single player campaign included with GTAIV.

sienster said:
Xbox 360 - yeah Omac, the RRoD thing is so blown out of proportion.

I really hope it doesn't happen to you when GTA comes out. It would suck :(

At least us (PS3 owners) don't have to worry about that at all.

Also, don't say it's blown out of proportion, MS put aside 1B for 360 RRoD repairs. That is a lot of money. RRoD happens my friend and it happens very often. It will eventually happen to you (if it didn't happen already). Just so you know, I work in he game industry and I have lots of friends with 360s and from all of them only 2 did not get RRoD or optical drive problems yet but to make it up 3 of my friends are on their 5th RRoD. It's just insane.

Omac said:
360 is the best way to go... so 360. I love how all the PS3 always whine about RRoD. Grow up Microsoft is taking care of it.

One refurb at a time. It will be interesting to see what happens since a bunch of peoples 3 year warranty will run out this year.

On topic, PS3. I don't need the DLC since my life does not revolve around GTA. 100 hours is enough and I probably won't finish it anyway. 

So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?

starcraft said:
MikeB said:
@ Starcraft

So other than you thinking people with both platforms should get the 360 version, are you going to buy GTA IV for the 360? (Getting the PS3 version myself, of course, no RRoD and other problems for me ever again)

Ever again? Did you used to own a 360

Yes. The premiumly noisy, unreliable, big ass power supply version:

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Rent it on both first maybe buy later. Need to see reviews first and see if there are any differences between the two versions: framerates, graphics, etc.