By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No brainer: If RARE returned to glory would X1 be your choice over the PS4?

Alright, let's say that Rare suddenly consisted of the same staff they had in the Nintendo days, were given the same working conditions and freedom by Microsoft as Nintendo gave them, and were in every way the exact same company they were then, but their games happened to release on Microsoft systems. I'd say yes, because Microsoft would be an entirely different company in that scenario. Rather than the sort of company with a culture I don't like that produces games I don't like in ways I don't like them to and drives the poor talented developers at Rare away with their bullshit, they'd be a company that helped the Rare that was thrive and would probably also be putting out games I like, developed under the same philosophy of game design that attracts me to Nintendo. So yeah, in that case, I'd choose Microsoft.

Around the Network
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
LubeMeUpUncleAlfred said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Nobody would buy it anyway, because the majority of people on Xbox would be shooter fanatics.

This, that and the other.

Batgirl agrees with me, therefore I am right.

Indeed.  So says one of the greatest movies of all time

Lube Me Up

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Nobody would buy it anyway, because the majority of people on Xbox would be shooter fanatics.

This, that and the other.

Batgirl agrees with me, therefore I am right.

Indeed.  So says one of the greatest movies of all time

The erectness!

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

answer NO

1 game no
2-3 games. I'd consider it depending on price.
4 quality games? instantly.

However, I doubt they can even pull off one.

Around the Network

Even if I'm already an Xbox One gamer I never really enjoyed Rare games in general. So it would be a gamer changer or me.

spurgeonryan said:
chapset said:
didn,t most people from the old rare leave already?

Indeed. But if they did return to glory.

@Don Ferrari

RARE is over half the reason the N64 is so popular!

I played a lot of rare games and n64 before I had money for ps1. But even they being half the reason of N64 success that represents what? 20M consoles due to Rare against the average 120M of PS platforms? Do you see why I doubt Rare would net any real effect on MS topping Sony?

their phylosophy is different and that reflects in gaming enviroment and why Sony  dominates when they play right or equalize the rivals when they fumble on everything.

the consistency Nintendo have on the quality of their game Sony have for putting out systems (consoles).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Meh, Microsoft managed to give Killer Instinct to a decent developer and the hole Rare created in Nintendo is completely filled up now by Retro.
Rare's IP's will live on, but the studio is nothing more than a shadow of it's former self.
I can see them being closed down just like Ensemble Studios (curse you Microsoft!) and their IP's taken up by Microsoft for use with other studios.