By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No brainer: If RARE returned to glory would X1 be your choice over the PS4?

Are there even enough of the people left at Rare to return to "glory"?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Nope

My favorite Rare game is also my favorite Donkey Kong game, DKC2. While a fantastic game, I'm really just not that into platformers anymore unless they have great local multiplayer like SM3DW.

I actually thought that Rare's platformers on the N64 were poor though. I realize that's an unpopular opinion, but I just have no love for DK64, Conker, or Banjo at all.

Shooters have evolved so much since Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Killer Instinct was never my fighter of choice.

Nah, I just can't see a revival of glory days Rare persuading me to buy an XB1 at all.

Nope, but I would pick up an X1 if it recieved solid entries in the Banjo, Conker and JFG series.

Rare without nintendo is nothing.

Don't even try to use "if", Half-life 3 is a better believe than this.

Around the Network

No, I never even played the old Banjo games though I hoped to one day. I actually played and enjoyed nuts and bolts on the 360 as my first Banjo game which has probably corrupted my taste in games for life.

I don't think there's anything that would make me switch from PlayStation to Xbox. The question in my case should have been what would make you buy an Xbox One aswell. Rare releasing decent games could do it, depends on the games.

No not really!

No. I'm perfectly fine with my PS4.

Some Nintendo fans will choose X1 over PS4 off course, but not all. It's not like all gamers choosing a console with only one type of games or developer. They will determine which console has more good games, and also Nintendo fans of the new era will not that care, because most of them grew up with Nintendo without RARE.

If Rare didn't stop N64 from being mowed by PS1 why would it help x1 against ps4?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."