By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No brainer: If RARE returned to glory would X1 be your choice over the PS4?

jetforcejiminy said:
BraveNewWorld said:
Probably not. Sony still has franchises like The Show that set it apart.

that series is exclusive for a reason: it barely sells. it's been on a steep decline for the last decade and not a single title has ever come close to breaking even 1m. i'd say that's just as niche as even the lesser rare of recent memory. tho of course you're probably just speaking for yourself here.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of baseball. So for me personally a Sony console is a must every gen, but I usually end up with all the systems by the end of a gen anyway.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network
LubeMeUpUncleAlfred said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Nobody would buy it anyway, because the majority of people on Xbox would be shooter fanatics.

This, that and the other.

Batgirl agrees with me, therefore I am right.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

LOL no. RARE is nice and all but Naughty dog shits all over pretty much every dev except for Rockstar.

It would be a selling point for me.

It would diversify the xbox lineup if there were quality rare-esk games. One of a number of reasons I'm unlikely to get an xboxone is that I feel the don't cater to my personal tastes with their exclusives. Rare would change that.

If (BIG "if") Rare returned to its former glory and started cranking out great games, then yeah, I would happily buy an Xbox One. It wouldn't be enough for me to favor Xbox One though, in the same way that Nintendo's games aren't enough for me to favor Wii U.

Around the Network

If RARE returned to glory they'd be on Nintendo systems.

Nah, weren't many games from rare I was into back in the day.

Dk64, conker are the ones that really stand out to me. And the dk games from snes but no, rare is no way enough to switch primarily to Xbox. Now if square enix, naughty dog, konami or someone like that then yea, no questions asked.

jetforcejiminy said:
Serious_frusting said:

Nope. The last thing they did I liked was Golden eye and at that point my donga was so pointless my tongue was
Well lets keep this pg.....
Heres the point. Most people dont know who the hell rare are. They know the symbol from old donkey kong from snes and golden eye from N64.

Nobody knows what banjo is. nobody cares who rare is unless you say those people who created the donkey kong games when we were kids are creating another game. The best reaction you get most time from them is oh well they have gone crap.

Not even my words, just when I say to people guess what dev made this game that has now made this game?

The only thing they had going for them was the fact they could have gone back and made donkey kong. Another dev has done that so rare is like the sexy girlfriend you had years ago who you split up with then met years later to find out she turned into a fat stinking drunk.

Edit: You are putting this dev against aginst a full company of devs consist of:

Polyphony Digital (1)

Naughty Gods (2)

Santa Monica (3)

Japan Studio

Guerrilla (4)

Media Molecule

Need I go on? I know things can be subjective but to me this just seems overly silly. Sorry if I come across overly pompous but some things are just not up for debate. I believe this is one of them.

(1) gran turismo hasn't been good since ps2 days, probably a-spec was the peak of the series. they do nothing else but gt and people aren't exactly clamoring for it. (plus racing simulators are in decline generally: see forza horizon 2's abysmal sales.)

(2) interactive movie makers

(3) last good game was in 2010 (god of war 3); since then biggest game was ps all stars which was a smash bros rip off and more or less objectively a turd of a game (and boy did it sell like one).

(4) are you kidding?

you'll notice i exempt japan studio and media molecule. they're very different from one another but are alike in their commitment to quality at their best. listing a bunch of stuff =/= making a point. and i'm just about the furthest thing from an ms fan.

also i don't know what a donga is but the internet tells me it is "a small ravine with steep sides."

ND games are far from "interactive movies" aka Heavy Rain/ Beyond lol c'mon that's a lame reason. They've also improved on UC2 -> UC3 multiplayer & TLoU is unique albeit I haven't played the online too much. I can somewhat understand people complaining over their gameplay & how it doesn't do anything innovative but their controls are solid & crisp. 

If I was to buy another console it would already be the Xbox One since the only game on either console I am at all interested in is Zoo Tycoon (and an nhl game, but I feel confident that will be available for both platforms).

It's hard for me to see anything Rare could do that would get me excited, but I guess in the unlikely event of this happening and me picking up an Xbox I would be happy to have some games to buy for the system.

didn,t most people from the old rare leave already?

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.