By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All PS4 & XBOX ONE GAMES: 295 vs. 205

Farsala said:
I really dislike indies. But based on 1st party support in the past years Sony>>>>> MS. With 3rd party being about equal.

Even if the PS4 has more indies, they still win in 1st party lately. I really do not know what MS has been doing for first party. Halo 4 and Gears Judgement and that is about it.

Excited for the next Halo and Gears I guess.

Now this past year with XB1 they have had a lot of 3rd partys make exclusives for them, but MS 1st party has only made Forza 5 and Forza horizon 2, kinect sports and Halo. And Forza horizon 2 required help from a 3rd party.

Really what has MS 1st party been doing all this time?

Sony 1st party made Driveclub, Infamous+ Infamous first light, Knack, Killzone, MLB, Last of Us.

So its like 3.5 v 6 so far. Cherrypicking at its finest. Since everyone knows that indies are irrelevant. Might as well exclude all 3rd party made games. Also excludes digital titles since they are all indies.

Point being: Everyone can cherrypick to try and make their argument better.
Note: May have missed a few games.

I think this fact gets overlooked too often as well as third party Japanese support is non - existant on the XOne. I mean all those aforementioned games could end up on the PS4 in the distant future.

OT: In the long run the choice is clear to me.. the Quadrizzle wins the first half of 2015 already with more announcements coming at the PS Event bolstering the second half of the year. 

Around the Network

Games that are truly made for the Japanese market are fairly rare these days. With the state of console sales in Japan, that is unlikely to change as the vast majority of titles will be made with an eye to Western sales and multiple platforms (consoles, handhelds, tablets, mobile).

Zekkyou said:
LordLichtenstein said:

Let me get this right, if a game launches with a $60 price tag and is made by a AAA dev, the game is automatically AAA?

No, but it's the easiest method of sorting them. AA titles (such as KI) tend to be priced cheaper.

As you say though, there are flaws with the method. FF14 for example is AAA, but was released at a cheaper price since you also pay a sub.

how about games sold as  physical disc at retail shops  , to be AAA?  

dane007 said:

AAA?

What are we redefining AAA now?  Being non-indie certainly doesn't mean a game is AAA.

Definition: "In the video game industry, AAA (pronounced "triple A") is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion. A title considered to be AAA is therefore expected to be a high quality game and to be among the year's bestsellers."

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
Burek said:
dane007 said:

AAA?

What game is that. i never saw it in nz lol.  is that an actual or did you create it on paint?

Jimbo1337 said:
dane007 said:
Jimbo1337 said:
dane007 said:

Same here, i have been waiting for a good AAA since TLOU remastered edition. By the looks of it , i would have to wait till at least february. Thats a long time , providing those two games , do not get delayed further. Well not everyone will purchase ps4 multiplats. I for one will purchase multiplats , due to the fact that it has better online infrastructure, better controller,  prefere achievement points over trophies and also because i can install the game on an extrnal hard drive which i can't do with the ps4, which is frustating. After thoses two games in feb , what games will come out on ps4? Theres no confirm date for UC4 at this point in time and we could be waiting a long time for a  next big exclusive from sony . 

Man the forest was thick!  

Had to chop down some serious trees.  Thank me later.

While chopping down some serious trees, you encountered the slenderman. Sadly you weren't able to survive long enough to find the missing pages :P :D. by the way you have a pas4 or XO or both

I have a PS3 and looking to upgrade to the PS4 down the road.

Those damn pages!  *Slenderman reaches out*  I think he's touching me!

Ah , ps3 is a not bad machine considering psn plus for it was great. Thats th eonly reason why i still play my ps3 lol.  

Your body started to hardened. feeling the sexual arousal  from slenderman touch, you finally gave in. The rest of night was filled with howls and screams, that nobody ever saw ! 

Except indie games like journey , pixel junk, flower, and Minecraft take a shit on 90% of console games

mM
leo-j said:
Except indie games like journey , pixel junk, flower, and Minecraft take a shit on 90% of console games

i would say limbo, braid, tomb raider on xbox live and outlast are better then the above choices for indies. I respect minecraft as that takes ppatience , skill and time but the rest are meh . 

dane007 said:
leo-j said:

i would say limbo, braid, tomb raider on xbox live and outlast are better then the above choices for indies. I respect minecraft as that takes ppatience , skill and time but the rest are meh . 

Why am I not surprised.