By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All PS4 & XBOX ONE GAMES: 295 vs. 205

jlmurph2 said:
LordLichtenstein said:
jlmurph2 said:
LordLichtenstein said:

Is that a AAA game in your eyes?

It launched at $60 made by a AAA dev so yes.

Let me get this right, if a game launches with a $60 price tag and is made by a AAA dev, the game is automatically AAA?

If a $60 retail game made by a AAA dev isn't a AAA game then what is it?

Exactly, what is it? 
I hate that every game needs to be placed in a "box" - Indie, AAA and the ones in the middle, AA? 

Why not just look at the list I made, and decide for youself, which has the better line-up. :) Not everything needs to be a "war". 

Around the Network
Jimbo1337 said:
I think the problem is that nobody here has the right to say what is an indie game and what is a AAA game. It sounds like people are making up their own rules.

Can I kiss you?

LordLichtenstein said:
jlmurph2 said:

If a $60 retail game made by a AAA dev isn't a AAA game then what is it?

Exactly, what is it? 
I hate that every game needs to be placed in a "box" - Indie, AAA and the ones in the middle, AA? 

Why not just look at the list I made, and decide for youself, which has the better line-up. :) Not everything needs to be a "war". 

When it comes to opinions of course there's war. My intention wasn't to call you out on what's AAA or what isn't. I legitimately thought you forgot to put KSR. But that's not the case here so I have nothing else to say.

LordLichtenstein said:
Jimbo1337 said:
I think the problem is that nobody here has the right to say what is an indie game and what is a AAA game. It sounds like people are making up their own rules.

Can I kiss you?

Yes please and thank you. 

Okay this should just stop right now.  Everyone should appreciate the list that LordLichtenstein has created and leave it at that.  If you want to argue what is AAA and what is indie then maybe you should read this:

http://www.totalxbox.com/40625/features/what-is-an-aaa-game-valve-volition-and-ea-veterans-discuss/

or go to the youtube comment section and argue there.  

I really dislike indies. But based on 1st party support in the past years Sony>>>>> MS. With 3rd party being about equal.

Even if the PS4 has more indies, they still win in 1st party lately. I really do not know what MS has been doing for first party. Halo 4 and Gears Judgement and that is about it.

Excited for the next Halo and Gears I guess.

Now this past year with XB1 they have had a lot of 3rd partys make exclusives for them, but MS 1st party has only made Forza 5 and Forza horizon 2, kinect sports and Halo. And Forza horizon 2 required help from a 3rd party.

Really what has MS 1st party been doing all this time?

Sony 1st party made Driveclub, Infamous+ Infamous first light, Knack, Killzone, MLB, Last of Us.

So its like 3.5 v 6 so far. Cherrypicking at its finest. Since everyone knows that indies are irrelevant. Might as well exclude all 3rd party made games. Also excludes digital titles since they are all indies.

Point being: Everyone can cherrypick to try and make their argument better.
Note: May have missed a few games.

Around the Network

This thread lit a flame under the ms fanboys' butts. By the way, sony generates more new AAA IP's every console generation and those games are generally rated highly.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

Aeolus451 said:
This thread lit a flame under the ms fanboys' butts. By the way, sony generates more new AAA IP's every console generation and those games are generally rated highly.

Good one bro

So yeah, the PS4 has more games. Confirmed.

CosmicSex said:
So yeah, the PS4 has more games. Confirmed.

Many more, in fact. 

jlmurph2 said:
Aeolus451 said:

Good one bro

Yep.