By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All PS4 & XBOX ONE GAMES: 295 vs. 205

ICStats said:
d21lewis said:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=164735&page=1

Read that thread by deceased VGCHARTZ member (and reportedly well endowed lover), Attaboy. See if people's opinion of "which games should count" has changed since the new status quo.

You might be surprised.

Ah yes, beautiful.

I love the comment about slow updates as well.  Very fitting arguments that are now forgotten.

Agreed.  People need to be consisitent.  If something bothered them before, they can't just overloook it now.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6761520

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5844379

People need to be consistent.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
I really dislike indies. But based on 1st party support in the past years Sony>>>>> MS. With 3rd party being about equal.

Equal ? Not really. Japanese industry support for Sony is an important advantage to promote richness and diversity in the supply of creative works, I think. This is not insignificant. On PS3, games like Valkyria Chronicles, Ni no Kuni, 3D Dot Game Heroes or Dragon's Crown was very cool. 

IWalkAlone said:
Farsala said:
I really dislike indies. But based on 1st party support in the past years Sony>>>>> MS. With 3rd party being about equal.

Equal ? Not really. Japanese industry support for Sony is an important advantage to promote richness and diversity in the supply of creative works, I think. This is not insignificant. On PS3, games like Valkyria Chronicles, Ni no Kuni, 3D Dot Game Heroes or Dragon's Crown was very cool. 

I really liked Valkyria Chronicles. It was a difficult SOB but it was fun. I hope that they make a sequel of it and add it to the ps4.

LordLichtenstein said:

I am in no position to say which games is AAA and which isn't, but let's have a go at it.

you forgot zoo tycoon, fantasia music evolved. I believe those are as amuch of a AAA as knack and LBP3. Also injustice was also on 360 so it doesn't count as a ps4 console exclusive. Would D4 classify as indie or AAA? As shit as fighter within was as a game , it cost 60 bucks as well so that would be included to that list.

Roughly 70 games more on PS4. In only one year... more than 200 games, they are too many :) I have to buy so many games that I couldn'd buy before, some are Fifa 15, NBA 2k15, Shadow of Mordor, Dragon Aga : I, GTAV remastered. I just bough The Evil Within, COD : AW and Far Cry4. I have to wait Christmas to buy at least GTAV and Dragon Age, these I can't miss. Really, too many games for normal people.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
ICStats said:
dane007 said:
Saeko said:
dane007 said:
ICStats said:

In spring 2015 when PS4 has The Order and Bloodborned and XB1 has no notable exclusives, will Xbox fans admit XB1 has emagon?

there will be halo5 , that alone will outsell both combined. Theres also quantum break . Those two alone are just as notable as the two you mentioned. There will be the new tombraider and the new fable to name a few.

Him said : Spring 2015, none of the game you talked about come in spring....

theres no release date yeat for quantum break or fable game so its possible. In any case , its okay if on emoth xbox one has no  AAA games. It will be good that ps4 is getting those two games on that month as i hav ebeen waiting for a trile AAA from sony since the TLOU remastered edition , which is a long  time ago whereas  i had the time to play all the ones that have relleased for the Xbox one atm. 

Maybe Fable will launch before Summer, maybe not.  I'm not a fan of Fable.  QB likely won't launch until later from current indications.  We may be waiting for another good AAA exclusiove on XB1 for 6 to 9 months, unless something is confirmed.

My point was that not getting like-for-like games in the same months doesn't mean a console has no games.  I'm looking 6 to 9 months ahead and seeing no big exclusive games on the XB1, whereas I see PS4 exclusives as well as multi-plats which obviously will be PS4 purchases.  A little foresight shows the PS4 in a better game position very soon.

Same here, i have been waiting for a good AAA since TLOU remastered edition. By the looks of it , i  have to wait till at least february. Thats a long time , providing those two games , do not get delayed again. Well not everyone will purchase ps4 multiplats right?  I for one will purchase multiplats on xbox one , due because of better online infrastructure, better controller,   achievement points over trophies and also because i can install the game on an extrnal hard drive which i can't do with the ps4, which is frustating. After thoses two games in feb , what games are coming out on the  ps4?  Plus theres no confirm date for UC4 at the moment. We could be waiting a long time for sonys next big exclusive

dane007 said:

Same here, i have been waiting for a good AAA since TLOU remastered edition. By the looks of it , i would have to wait till at least february. Thats a long time , providing those two games , do not get delayed further. Well not everyone will purchase ps4 multiplats. I for one will purchase multiplats , due to the fact that it has better online infrastructure, better controller,  prefere achievement points over trophies and also because i can install the game on an extrnal hard drive which i can't do with the ps4, which is frustating. After thoses two games in feb , what games will come out on ps4? Theres no confirm date for UC4 at this point in time and we could be waiting a long time for a  next big exclusive from sony . 

Man the forest was thick!  

Had to chop down some serious trees.  Thank me later.

Jimbo1337 said:
dane007 said:

Same here, i have been waiting for a good AAA since TLOU remastered edition. By the looks of it , i would have to wait till at least february. Thats a long time , providing those two games , do not get delayed further. Well not everyone will purchase ps4 multiplats. I for one will purchase multiplats , due to the fact that it has better online infrastructure, better controller,  prefere achievement points over trophies and also because i can install the game on an extrnal hard drive which i can't do with the ps4, which is frustating. After thoses two games in feb , what games will come out on ps4? Theres no confirm date for UC4 at this point in time and we could be waiting a long time for a  next big exclusive from sony . 

While chopping down some serious trees, you encountered the slenderman. Sadly you weren't able to survive long enough to find the missing pages :P :D. by the way you have a pas4 or XO or both

dane007 said:
Jimbo1337 said:
dane007 said:

While chopping down some serious trees, you encountered the slenderman. Sadly you weren't able to survive long enough to find the missing pages :P :D. by the way you have a pas4 or XO or both

I have a PS3 and looking to upgrade to the PS4 down the road.

Those damn pages!  *Slenderman reaches out*  I think he's touching me!

LordLichtenstein said:

Let me get this right, if a game launches with a $60 price tag and is made by a AAA dev, the game is automatically AAA?

No, but it's the easiest method of sorting them. AA titles (such as KI) tend to be priced cheaper.

As you say though, there are flaws with the method. FF14 for example is AAA, but was released at a cheaper price since you also pay a sub.