By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Fans! Who would you rather win this gen XB1 or PS4?

Who would you rather win?

Xbox One 122 15.40%

PS4 432 54.55%

See Results 237 29.92%

Total:791

XBO. They have more Nintendo-y games.

Around the Network

XB1 since they have games I'd want, are somewhat cheaper than the PS4 and I enjoyed my time with the 360 unlike my PS3 which broke down near the start of last gen and never got replaced since.

I've got a PC so multiplats aren't a worry for me, got over the muddy start that MS had unlike others who still cling to it thinking it a still valid reason to paint them as some evil saturday cartoon villain (seriously get over it).

MS just has what I want, Sony doesn't have anything to entice me and at this point I'm fed up with Sony fans, I've put up with MS and Ninty fans for so long but PS fans thus far have really done nothing but make me see them as children because of MS tripping up and thinking of different ways to entice people.

That and I'm not really all for having both an Xb1 and PS4 for online play, it would have to be the XB1 but even then I'd mostly play online multiplats on my PC while the Wii U has free online play and I can't trust Sony online at all with what's happened in the past.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I like Sony's hardware better, I love the Uncharted series, and I really don't expect Rare to ever revisit their former N64 glory, so yeah, the PS4.

I'm not a Nintendo Fan, but I want xbox one to win because I root for USA.

I'm actually quite impressed that 105 non-Nintendo fans voted for the correct (see results) option. I still have a feeling that more Sony fans have cheated than Xbox fans, as I would not have guessed a 4:1 vote in favour of PS4. In fact just taking a wild guess I would have guessed slightly in favour of Xb one, as it seems like Nintendo fans have more reason (justified or not) to be mad at Sony for shafting Nintendo back in the day. MS didn't really do anything to screw over Nintendo, especially since PS was MS's main target.

Or is it the Mattrick-Xb one effect that soured Nintendo fans towards Xbox?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
I'm actually quite impressed that 105 non-Nintendo fans voted for the correct (see results) option. I still have a feeling that more Sony fans have cheated than Xbox fans, as I would not have guessed a 4:1 vote in favour of PS4. In fact just taking a wild guess I would have guessed slightly in favour of Xb one, as it seems like Nintendo fans have more reason (justified or not) to be mad at Sony for shafting Nintendo back in the day. MS didn't really do anything to screw over Nintendo, especially since PS was MS's main target.

Nah, the Wii U vs Xbox One 2nd place race has taken the toll on some nintendo fans. Especially, with all the relantless thread spam from certain individuals (whom i will not name).

mii-gamer said:
binary solo said:

Nah, the Wii U vs Xbox One 2nd place race has taken the toll on some nintendo fans. Especially, with all the relantless thread spam from certain individuals (whom i will not name).

Yeah, good point.

TBH if someone made a thread asking PS fans who they'd rather see at number 2 for the generation I'd be voting Wii U.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I don't really care/think it matters, I mean it never really affected me before (which console sold better), not like I have bets on any of them, so regardless of who wins, it's "eh".

That being said I do think that it's not good for any one company to dominate too much by obtaining too many exclusives, too much of the market share, etc., and PS4 is kind of killing it (holidays aside; we'll see how BF sales and such go), so I am a bit worried on that front--if PS4 starts to get all the developers and exclusives wrapped around its finger and too many people have its console, that means a lack of healthy competition, which in turn is bad for gamers in general.

In the end, I just want lots of fun games. Nintendo consoles have the most for me, followed by Sony consoles, followed by Microsoft consoles. (And I guess you can throw in PC/mobile stuff somewhere before Microsoft but after Sony; I'm mostly a Nintendo/Sony gamer since that covers most of the great games out there...)

binary solo said:

Meh. I like Nintendo, but I also like PlayStation. There's no real point in being mad at Sony for "shafting Nintendo" 20-odd years ago. To me, Nintendo and Sony together provide everything I want in gaming. Xbox is completely superfluous, and I don't particularly like Microsoft in general.

When it comes to the games that I enjoy the Wii U is already winning this gen. So thats my vote. When the PS4 starts getting those JRPGs then ill look into it.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.